NIGERIA's big container terminal is expanding operations to deal with a sharp rise in traffic since the government closed the border with Benin...
- Cargo traffic surges at Nigerian ports after Benin border closes
- Airfreight rates to hit US$10/kg; more rises as demand surges
FORWARDERS are anticipating ad hoc airfreight rates of US$10 per kilogramme, as shippers become desperate to release goods from China with little or...
- Nairobi depot surges 62pc to 418,830 TEU as Mombasa ups capacity
CARGO volumes handled at the Inland Container Deport-Nairobi (ICDN) rose by 62
- Air-sea freight combination could ease virus-struck air cargo capacity squeeze
AIR and sea combined transportation solutions could help ease air freight capacity shortages and take the lid off freight rate spikes, as factories...
- Dubai non-oil foreign trade surges 22pc in first nine months of 2019
DUBAI's non-oil foreign trade volumes increased 22 per cent to 83 million tonnes in the first nine months of 2019, Dubai Customs has announced
- California ports collaborate to fight the threat posed by rising sea levels
THE majority of California ports are uniting to improve their combined defenses against rising sea levels, recognising that climate change poses a...
- Georgia ports to lift record 4.6m TEU in 2019; rail cargo surges 30pc in 3 years
THE Georgia Ports Authority is on track to exceed a milestone annual container handling throughput of 4
- K+N's Q3 turnover dips slightly but EBIT surges 16pc to US$282m
KUEHNE + NAGEL's third-quarter earnings before interest and tax (EBIT) stood at CHF283 million (US$287
- Westports' H1 box volume surges 17pc to 5.27 million TEU
MALAYSIA's Westports Holdings Bhd handled 5
- Two tankers hit in the Gulf and oil surges over 4.5pc
TWO tankers were damaged in a suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman, just weeks after a previous incident in the region resulting in oil rebounding...
- Mexican ports' box volume surges 10pc to 2.3m TEU in first 4 months
MEXICO's ports posted a 10 per cent year-on-year increase in container throughput in the first four months of the year to 2,300,088 TEU,...
- Call for more data sharing within the IT systems of freight forwarders
TRADITIONAL freight forwarder IT systems are not the natural place to begin, if the future is all about data sharing and transparency, according to...
- S Carolina ports box throughput surges to record high in March
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) achieved an 11 per cent fiscal year-on-year growth after handling 214,123 TEU in March
- DP World's 2018 profit surges 10pc while chairman plays down trade tensions
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's biggest port operators, has said its business could weather international trade tensions, after...
- Box rates reverse downward trend as trade surges: Xeneta
INCREASING US exports and European imports has reversed the downward trend in rates for the container shipping industry, according to the latest XSI...
- China's cargo surges 9.1pc in January to 1.14 billion tonnes
CHINA's cargo traffic rose by 9
- Air cargo surges 15pc at Budapest Airport in 2018
THE volume of air cargo at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport increased by 14
- Asia-Europe rate drops 0.9pc to US$970/TEU, surges 11.6pc to USWC
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday dropped 0
- Panama Canal sets another record year as throughput surges 9.5pc
THE Panama Canal ended its 2018 fiscal year (with a record tonnage of 442
- Port of Hong Kong can expect state aid in Policy Statement: Carrie Lam
HONG KONG Chief Executive Carrie Lam said there would be state help contained in the coming Policy Address for the city's declining shipping...