THE Batangas Container Terminal (BCT), operated by listed Asian Terminals, Inc (ATI), handled a record 310,000 TEU of international boxes that mainly...
- Manila's Batangas terminal handles record 310,000 TEU
- SITC buys 1,700-TEU Stellar Windsor from Laurus for US$8 million
SHANGHAI feeder boxship operator SITC has acquired the 2009-built 1,700-TEU Stellar Windsor from South Korean owner Laurus Ship Management, reports...
- International Chamber of Shipping meets in London September 11
THE International Chamber of Shipping (ICS) will challenge the shipping industry and policymakers to face the reality of powering global trade...
- China slowdown palpable, swine flu worse than reported, Xi urges action
THERE is a palpable sense of economic slowdown in China, of no imminent US trade talk breakthroughs, and of continuing overall tightenings, says a...
- ISGEM Group has signed another partnership agreement with S.Korean Jeonjin-Marin Stellar
ISGEM Group has signed another partnership agreement with S.Korean Jeonjin-Marin Stellar Scrubber Systems for Turkish region.
- Qatar's top ports register stellar growth in February
QATAR's ports achieved robust growth in cargo volumes in February, after the ports of Hamad, Doha and Ruwais handled 83,091 tonnes of general...
- Kia moves 350,000 vehicles through port of Savannah over past decade
KIA Motors Manufacturing of Georgia has started exporting its Telluride sport utility vehicle (SUV) through the US port of Brunswick
- IMO admits underreporting deaths at sea, vows to bolster monitoring
THE UN's International Maritime Organisation (IMO) Secretary General Kitack Lim says the underreporting of casualties among crew onboard vessels...
- European cargo airlines report slow growth in 2018
EUROPEAN Cargo monthly data shows that major European cargo airlines saw freight traffic growth slow in 2018 in line with the general market slowdown
- London Heathrow's August cargo traffic rises 1.2pc
LONDON Heathrow Airport's airfreight traffic rose by 1
- Shipping Stocks: Less value on offer in Dry Bulk/Containers as we tilt allocation to Gas shipping/Tankers
- China ports post strong April growth with Pearl topping Yangtze
CONTAINER throughput at leading container ports in the Yangtze River Delta region grew nine per cent year on year in April on the back of China's...
- Another converted ore carrier develops cracks
Another converted ore carrier develops cracks
- DP World India Gateway lifts 17pc more boxes over 372 days
INDIA Gateway Terminal (IGT), operated by DP World, has achieved a breakthrough in container traffic by handling a volume of half million TEU in 372...
- Cosco Shipping Ports' March box traffic up 9.5pc to 8.6 million TEU
COSCO Shipping Ports' overall volumes were up 9.5 per cent year on year in March to 8.6 million TEU, despite the Bohai Rim continuing to suffer weak...
- Bulkcarrier withdrawn from SAR operation for Stellar Daisy due to fauly generator
Bulkcarrier withdrawn from SAR operation for Stellar Daisy due to fauly generator
- Sinking of the Stellar Daisy with 22 crew members missing : questions raised
WITH 22 of the 24 crew members of the very large ore carrier Stellar Daisy still missing, many in the shipping industry have been asking why the...
- Search continues for S Korean cargo ship that went missing off Uruguay
AUTHORITIES in Brazil and Uruguay are still searching for the very large ore carrier Stellar Daisy and its 22 crew members after losing contact with...
- Two survivors of sunken VLOC "M/V Stellar Daisy" found
Two survivors of sunken VLOC found
- Giant Bulk Carrier M/V Stellar Daisy presumed sunk in South Atlantic, 24 missing
Ship with 24 crew members presumed sunk