2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- SANMAR: Out with the Old, In with the New
Sanmar have decided to discontinue with Dogancay and Ulupinar Series which to date have accounted for 31, 26 and 20 units built and delivered...
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- Port of Savannah commissions first 9 of 18 Mason Mega Rail tracks
GEORGIA Ports Authority (GPA) has reached a milestone by putting put into operation the first nine of 18 new working tracks, with its first two...
- Port of Salalah sees first quarter liftings up 28pc to 1.17 million TEU
CONTAINER throughput at Oman's Port of Salalah surged 28 per cent to 1
- Indian scrap yards brace for new wave of ship demolitions
DEMOLITION markets in the Indian subcontinent have now largely reopened and are preparing for a new wave of containerships for scrapping
- "Washington's aggressive naval posturing continues despite pandemic"
- IATA names Sebastian Mikosz as new SVP of member and external relations
IATA has appointed Sebastian Mikosz as its new senior vice president of member and external relations
- Virus outbreak highlights the versatile use of shipping containers
SHIPPING containers can be turned into hospitals to treat COVID-19 patients, as demonstrated by the RUAG Field Hospital that was built by...
- Drewry Maritime Financial Insight: Shipping Facing the Pandemic Crisis Effect
Container shipping: Container shipping stock prices have been in full retreat with early March witnessing a market storm as stock markets around the...
- Turkey's Fastest Growing Company and Export Titleholder ARES Shipyard Blazed a Trail Once Again in Shipbuilding History
Turkey’s record holding shipyard ARES, is running for another one: The Largest Serial Production in Shipbuilding with the 122 (one hundred and...
- China raises export tax rebate on products to boost virus-hit trade
CHINA will increase export tax rebates on almost 1,500 products from March 20, the finance ministry said as the government looks to ease the pressure...
- Appeals Court rules Trump didn't overstep the mark with 25pc steel tariff
THE US federal court affirmed an earlier decision by the Court of International Trade, that found President Donald Trump did not violate the US...
- DP World acquires Fraser Surrey Docks near Vancouver
DUBAI-based port operator DP World says it has completed the acquisition of Fraser Surrey Docks in British Columbia from Macquarie Infrastructure...
- Hong Kong exports plunged even before coronavirus showed its full impact
HONG KONG total outbound shipments in January plunged 23 per cent from a year earlier, far worse than the 3
- China, North American trade deals cut risks of recession, says Fed
AMERICA's China trade deal, plus the free trade pact with Mexico and Canada has 'helped reduce downside risks and buoys business...
- US wins WTO approval for tariffs on US$7.5 billion of EU aircraft
IN RESPONSE to a World Trade Organisation (WTO) decision that permits the US to impose retaliatory import tariffs on US$7
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- Mombasa to receive 17 new box carriers to boost handling capacity
THE Port of Mombasa is to take delivery of 17 new container carriers that will be able to discharge 9,700 TEU and load 11,817 TEU