Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
- Decoupling America would cut China's annual growth to 3.5pc
WORSENING conflict between China and the US has damaged trade, but a complete decoupling between the two would be more damaging to China's...
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- Caixin PMI shows marks of recovery in China's services sector
CHINA's services activity again expanded at a solid pace in August, though slightly slower than the previous month, a Caixin-sponsored survey...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Zim like other carriers report profitable Q2 despite slide in volumes
ISRAELI carrier Zim has joined the fleet of major shipping lines reporting impressive second-quarter profits, despite significant volume declines, by...
- Ecuador navy surveils huge Chinese fishing fleet near Galapagos
Ecuador’s navy is conducting surveillance of a massive Chinese fishing fleet that is operating near the protected waters of the Galapagos Islands,...
- US retail imports expected to be lowest in 4 years: Global Port Tracker
IMPORTS at major US ports during 2020 are expected to be their lowest in four years as the impact of the Covid-19 scare hits the economy, according...
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- South Carolina opens first new US container terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) announced the opening of the first new container terminal in the US in 11 years according to Fort...
- Gebruder Weiss spends US$7.9 million on Vienna ecommerce hub
AUSTRIA's transport and logistics company Gebruder Weiss' home delivery division has invested EUR6
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- Zhonggu Logisitcs plans US$214m IPO on Shanghai bourse
CHINA's Zhonggu Logistics, an affiliate of the country's largest domestic liner operator Zhonggu Shipping Group, plans to raise CNY1
- DP World H1 box volume dips 5pc due to Covid-19
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's largest operators of ports with locations in more than 50 countries, handled 33
- Seaspan spends US$146m in cash for a pair of secondhand 13,000-TEUers
SEASPAN Corporation, a subsidiary of Atlas, has acquired two secondhand containerships for approximately US$146 million in cash in a deal backed by...
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Lufthansa starts reducing fleet, cutting jobs to pay back state aid
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa will cut 20 per cent of managerial positions and accept no more than 80 planes from its current order book to be able...
- CEVA Logistics wins new spare parts contract with Volkswagen in Brazil
CEVA Logistics has contracted with Volkswagen for the operation of the company's auto spares centre at Vinhedo in Brazil has been extended
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...