AS the coronavirus outbreak continues to wreak havoc on aviation operations worldwide, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) is...
- IATA urges industry abandon airport slot coordination 'til end of year
- Atlas reports stronger shipper demand in Q2 despite Convid-19
PRESIDENT and CEO of Atlas Air Worldwide John Dietrich says shippers and forwarders are looking to airfreight as a stable mode of transportation into...
- Old Dominion Freight Line revenue advances despite softer market
OLD Dominion Freight Line, the big Nasdaq-listed North Carolina trucker, posted a quarterly 2
- Global air freight volumes decline by 5pc in September: IATA
CARGO traffic globally, measured in freight tonne kilometres (FTKs), fell by 4
- World air cargo volume falls in September, but decline flattens
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported a 4
- N American railroads predict headwinds will impact volumes through year-end
THE Union Pacific railroad anticipates its rail volume in the second half of the year will fall to 'mid-single digits' after revising...
- US-China trade war 'wreaks havoc' on US exporters: LA port executive
THE Port of Los Angeles moved 779,903 TEU in September, a 2
- Box shipping rates come under pressure amid softer demand
UNCERTAINTIES in the trade environment and weak summer demand are being blamed for the decline in freight rates, with the Asia to the west coast of...
- LA up 7.8pc as Long Beach falls 16.6pc in May box numbers tally
VOLUMES at the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) and the Port of Long Beach(POLB) were mixed in May, according to data issued by the two ports
- DP World Q1 box volume in the UAE falls 8.8pc
DP World handled 17
- CMA CGM now has 90pc of CEVA Logistics voting rights
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM now controls 90 per cent of the voting rights in CEVA Logistics, according to Reuters
- DP World global box volume rises in 2018 but pace of growth slows to 1.9pc
GLOBAL terminal operator DP World saw container volume growth slip to 1
- Q3 turnover rate at large truckload carriers falls 11 percentage points
AMERICAN Trucking Associations (ATA) has reported that the third-quarter turnover rate at large truckload carriers fell 11 percentage points to 87...
- Global spending on newbuilds tops US$10 billion in first half of 2018
SPENDING on new ships is starting to slow after what could be called a spree in the first half of 2018 with US$10 billion being committed in the...
- Record October for Port of LA with box throughput soaring 16pc
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Los Angeles (POLA) surged nearly 16 per cent in October compared to the same period last year, marking it the...
- Port of Oakland export volume surges 20pc to three-year high
THE Port of Oakland export volume in October soared 20 per cent over the same month last year, shipping 89,473 TEU, making it the highest number of...
- North American intermodal container movement up 2.8pc in 2015
NORTH American domestic container movement, combined with marginal increases in overseas traffic, grew 2.8 per cent year on year in 2015, according...
- Malaysia proves to be major hub for Maersk Line, says local boss
MALAYSIA, home to two big terminals Port Klang and Tanjung Pelepas on the vital Malacca Strait, will long be a mainstays of the Maersk organisation,...
- Lion Shipbrokers Market Report WEEK 19 – 09 May 2014
The dry market is still not showing any direction, confusing shipowners, shipbrokers and shipping analysts alike; however we recorded numerous deals...
- WAF-Europe Suezmax rates fall; could stop co-loadings on VLCCs
Suezmax freight rates on the West Africa to Europe routes, basis 130,000 mt, plunged this week as more tonnage was said to be available for the...