SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday increased by 4
- Asia-Europe rates up 4.4pc to US$863/TEU, USWC soar 25pc at $2,097/FEU
- Air cargo from China soars to meet rising pandemic demand
AIR cargo from China continues to surge to meet demands for personal protective equipment (PPE), creating extremely high rates, reports the American...
- Asia-Europe rates down 1.9pc to US$739/TEU, USWC surge 15.3pc at $1,724/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday declined 1
- Box carriers take major hit from coronavirus, sparking survival fears
ON intra-Asia container shipping routes there have been 544 service suspensions of seven to 30 days by internationally trading box ships since...
- CMA CGM liftings up in 2019, but ends up with a net deficit of US$229m
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM Group has posted a net loss of US$229 million for 2019, compared with a profit of $34 million in 2018
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- Growth in e-commerce lead rising demand for forklifts
THE pallet truck, or forklift, market is expected to grow 6
- UPS profit forecast falls short of estimates on global weakness
UNITED Parcel Service (UPS) profit outlook fell short of analyst estimates, held back by declines in global industrial production and spending to...
- Tighter capacity drives up container spot rates on major trade lanes
ASIA to Europe and the US spot rates surged in the final weeks of last year, on the back of tightening supply and low sulphur surcharges to comply...
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port's 2019 sea-rail cargo volumes soar 33pc in 2019
THE container throughput in sea-rail transport at Ningbo-Zhoushan Port in east China's Zhejiang Province increased over 33
- Security concerns for shipping in the Middle East after Soleimani's death
SHIPS operating in the Gulf region should be vigilant following the US air strike in Iraq that killed Iran's General Qassem Soleimani, according...
- China's US soybean imports soar after 'phase one' trade deal kicks in
CHINA's soybean imports spiked in November as US imports reached roughly 8
- Box shipping ends year on a high with contracted rates up
XENETA says that the year has ended on a high note for container shipping lines despite the lack of sulphur surcharge transparency stoking market...
- IMO 2020 raises fears and 'what ifs' as uncertainties abound
FEARS mount in the shipping industry as bunker adjustment factors are introduced by major shipping lines along with the insufficient output of very...
- China hoards compliant low sulphur fuel ahead of Jan 1 deadline
CHINESE marine fuel suppliers have signed up short-term deals to buy compliant low-sulphur fuel from Shell, Uniper and US commodities trader...
- Asia-Europe rates up 5.7pc to US$944/TEU, USWC slip 2pc at $1,342/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday increased by 5
- Hapag-Lloyd's profits soar in first 9 months of the year
HAPAG-LLOYD's earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) in the first nine months of the year soared 115 per cent to EUR643 million (US$722...
- Asia-Europe up 3.1pc to US$729/TEU, USWC off 3.5pc to $1,532/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday soared 3
- Westports Q3 profit up 11.9pc to US$38 million as revenues rise 10.3pc
MALAYSIA's Westports Holdings third quarter net profit increased 11
- Macao's September land container cargo soars 36.7pc to 2,213 tonnes
THE weight of containerised overland cargo to Macao by land in September increased 36