HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced two cancelled transpacific sailings due to low demand in...
- OOCL cancels two more transpacific sailings as demand slumps
- China's GDP may fall below 6pc in 2020: UBS Wealth Management
CHINA's economic growth could drop below six per cent next year for the first time since 1990, says UBS Wealth Management, reported Caixin
- China's Q3 economy slumps to slowest rate in 27 years
CHINA'S third-quarter gross domestic product (GDP) figures released yesterday showed that the mainland's economy grew at the slowest rate in...
- Retail slumps as China's July industrial output slowest since 2002
CHINA posted the weakest industrial output growth since 2002 accompanied by slumping retail sales in July, Bloomberg reports
- Deere slumps as trade war darkens outlook for top tractor maker
The US-China trade war is taking a toll on the world's biggest maker of tractors as Deere & Co is no longer 'cautiously optimistic' about...
- Global air cargo slumps in Jan but perishables, pharma, hi-tech are strong
JANUARY saw another volume drop in total chargeable air cargo weight after recording a decline of two per cent year on year (YoY), coupled with a US...
- Hong Kong box volume slumps 4pc in November
HONG Kong's container volume continued on its downward trend by falling 4 per cent in November to 1
- CMA CGM's first move: Sell offshore terminal assets of Neptune Orient Lines
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is looking to raise as much as US$1 billion by selling port assets of Singapore's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL), including...
- China trade slumps imports down 12.5pc exports slide 4.4pc in July
CHINA posted worse-than-expected exports and imports figures for July, with imports falling 12.5 per cent to $132.4 billion and exports were off 4.4...
- New assignments for 13,000-TEU vessels as US demand slumps
POOR US demand is forcing many carriers to search for new work for their 13,000-TEU vessels, according to Mfame.guru Viswa Labs of Houston.
- CMA CGM pulls 18,000-TEU Ben Franklin flagship from transpac service
THE CMA CGM flagship, the 18,000-TEU Benjamin Franklin, is to stop operating between Asia and the US west coast as the shipping industry faces one of...
- Cargill shuts London shipping office, saying sector in worst shape since 1980s
GRAIN handling giant Cargill Inc plans to close its London shipping office and consolidate some of its operations in Geneva as the freight market...
- OOCL Q3 revenue slumps 12 pc with plummeting rates
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) has reported a 12.2 per cent drop in third-quarter revenue despite an up tick in volume mainly due...
- NYK turns 130, president hails all for 'creativity' for profit boost
NYK president Tadaaki Naito has praised creative measures taken in the last three decades to boost corporate profits.
- G6 on-time ranking slumps to 41pc while industry average hits 75pc
THE G6 alliance ranks at the bottom with a 41 per cent on-time schedule reliability in the last year while Maersk leads with 97 per cent, "K" Line...
- Dry bulk market slumps ahead of Holiday Season
As has been the case in recent years, the dry bulk market has been on a downward trend ahead of the Holiday Season for a large part of the world. The...
- Ship owners say green laws to cost industry $500B
Leading ship owners said this week that new environmental legislation is set to cost their industry over $500 billion in coming years.
- Weiner campaign manager jumps ship - New York Daily News
New York Daily NewsWeiner campaign manager jumpsshipNew York Daily NewsAnthony Weiner's already-limp mayoral campaign apparently took another...
- Container rate slumps 21pc in 2012, falls again after February peak
THE Drewry Hong Kong-Los Angeles FEU rate benchmark jumped 21 per cent to US$2,213 through 2012, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
- Chinese shipbuilding slumps to new low
China’s shipbuilding winter of discontent has hit new lows with latest figures showing that in November the