THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- China's high tech and finance groups flock to Singapore to expand
CHINA's largest technology and financial services companies are stepping up efforts to expand in Singapore, as doors slam shut on mainland groups...
- Evergreen links up with X-Press Feeders to boost South America service
SINGAPORE-BASED feeder box ship operator X-Press Feeders is expanding its 'West Coast South America X-Press' (WSX) service that currently...
- Antonov Airlines delivers newest satellite for SpaceX launch
ANTONOV Airlines has cooperated with Bollore Logistics to move Airbus Defence and Space's most current satellite, ANASIS-II to the USA, reports...
- FedEx to hire 70,000 workers for 'holiday shipping season'
US EXPRESS delivery giant FedEx expects to hire 70,000 seasonal workers, up 27 per cent year on year, to cope with an anticipated Christmas shipping...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Slumping port box volumes recall days of 2008-2009 financial crisis
GLOBAL container throughput figures will be down in 2020 - and by a margin comparative only to the global financial crisis of 2008-2009 because of...
- ONE launches South Korea-Far East Russian shuttle service
JAPAN's Singapore-headquartered Ocean Network Express (ONE) is to launch a new shuttle service connecting two Far East Russian ports, Vladivostok...
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Sydney Airport in Australia plagued with cargo congestion
THE same cargo congestion issues that have paralysed big airports in the US, China and Europe during the pandemic have materialised in Australia
- Shenzhen's Huawei and ZTE set to be shut out of India's 5G network trials
CHINA's Huawei and ZTE are set to be kept out of India's plans to roll out its 5G networks as relations between the two countries hit a four...
- Port of Virginia throughput declines 16.8pc in July to 221,028 TEU
THE Port of Virginia posted a 16
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- Cotton growers in Australia hit as Chinese buyer goes belly up
AUSTRALIAN cotton producers have found their prospects plunging on news that the local arm of a major Chinese buyer has gone out of business, leaving...
- Samsung Electronics to halt production at its computer factory in China
KOREA's Samsung Electronics will halt operations of its last computer factory in China, the latest manufacturer to shift production from the...
- Employers: Montreal dockers behaviour threatens to non-strikers
THE Montreal local of the New York-based International Longshoremen's Association (ILA) have again resumed their recurring dock strikes that have...
- China is buying computer chips before Hong Kong route is shut down
CHINESE importers of computer chips are on a buying spree before the Hong Kong route shuts down in China's current contretemps with the western...