PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$920/TEU, USWC off 4.7pc at $2,783/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor
- Desperate for a lifeline!
Twelve Vietnamese seafarers, including the captain, have been stranded in Malaysian waters in deplorable conditions since they started work aboard...
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Hong Kong's Neptune Cyber launches safety tool in line with UN rule
HONG KONG's Neptune Cyber, a computer security firm, has launched an online tool to ensure that marine operators stay ahead of new cyber risk...
- Covid-19 reveals how working from home will cut more shore jobs
DESPITE disruptions caused by the Covid-19 crisis, more than 80 per cent of the normal volumes continued to be shipped, according to Sea-Intelligence...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- India docks 20,000-TEUers for first time in Cochin crew changes
THE 20,388-TEU Ever Given and the 20,170-TEU sister ships MOL Tribute and MOL Tradition have called at Cochin, India's big crew change port,...
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Costly cargo: The plight of seafarers in a pandemic
Amid the many consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, thousands of seafarers around the world are now locked onboard their ships with expired...
- Lufthansa Cargo Centre outsources some of its logistics to Fiege Group
MAJOR logistics provider Fiege Group will take over a portion of the physical freight handling at the Lufthansa Cargo Centre in Frankfurt, the German...
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71