Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- ICTSI net profit falls but Rio saves TEU throughput
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has reported that net profit in the first quarter of the year plunged 18 per cent from US$72
- XPO to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics plans to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
- BIMCO warns of disruptions if coronavirus is not brought under control
SHIPOWNER association BIMCO is warning that the fallout from the coronavirus outbreak in China could intensify, if stringent public health measures...
- XPO to spin off North American, European transport, logistics units
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics CEO Brad Jacobs said he intends to sell or spin off up to four of his business segments, following several...
- SC Ports lifts 2.44m TEU in 2019 as it gets readly for big ship trades
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority handled 2
- DHL Supply Chain to manage Nestle's warehousing needs in Myanmar
WORLD'S largest food company Nestle has appointed global market leader for contract logistics solutions, DHL Supply Chain (DHL), to manage...
- ACI World data shows global air cargo dropping 2.9pc in October
AIRPORTS Council International (ACI) World says the downturn in the global air freight industry continued in October, with volumes declining by 2
- South Carolina Ports ends 2019 well, having lifted 2.25 million TEU
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA) experienced steady growth across multiple business segments in 2019, handling 2
- Maersk opens new facility in Vietnam to handle new sourcing demand
DANISH shipping giant Maersk has opened a new logistics centre in North Vietnam as it looks to capitalise on the dominant 'China plus one'...
- South Carolina ports boxes increased 7pc to 217,360 TEU since July
SOUTH Carolina Ports Authority's Wando Welch and North Charleston container terminals handled 217,360 TEU in October
- Air France-KLM's restructuring plan calls for expansion of air cargo business
AIR FRANCE-KLM Group has launched a five-year restructuring plan to enable the airline to regain a leadership position among European carriers
- Samudera Shipping posts net loss of US$479,000 as revenues fall 23pc
SINGAP0RE-based feeder line Samudera Shipping has posted a third quarter year-on-year net loss of US$479,000, drawn on revenues of $89
- China Eastern to enter into joint venture with Virgin Atlantic, Air France and KLM
CHINA Eastern has signed a joint venture agreement with Virgin Atlantic, Air France and KLM that would open up more air routes between Europe and...
- Indian logistics sector to grow 8-10pc over medium term: ICRA forecast
ICRA Research has forecast a stable outlook for the Indian domestic logistics sector, which it said would grow between eight and ten per cent over...
- Panama Canal ends 2019 fiscal year with record tonnage, up 6.2pc
THE Panama Canal ended its 2019 fiscal year with a record tonnage of 469 million Panama Canal tons (PC/UMS), a year-on-year 6
- US tariffs on Chinese exports could increase air cargo volumes
THE implementation of a fresh round of US tariffs on Chinese exports could boost air freight markets in the run-up to the traditional peak season...
- Anglo-Eastern and EXMAR Ship Management set up jv to handle LNG carriers
GLOBAL provider of independent ship management services Anglo-Eastern Univan Group (Anglo-Eastern) and EXMAR Ship Management (EXMAR) have announced...
- Cosco takes delivery of latest 21,000-TEUer from Jiangnan Shipyard
THE Cosco Shipping Planet has become the latest 21,000 TEUer to join Cosco Shipping's fleet of mega ships built by Jiangnan Shipyard