FIFTY years ago, an Italian sea captain scraped up enough money to buy a ship and put to sea carrying what he could between Italy and Somalia - and...
- Mediterranean Shipping Company world's second biggest carrier
- MSC's third 23,000 TEU boxship named 'MSC Samar' in Bremerhaven
SWITZERLAND-BASED container shipping major Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has named its third vessel in the company's Gulsun class of...
- MOL car carrier ablaze mid-Pacific, search goes on for missing man
THE search continued this week for a survivor from the MOL 5,221-unit capacity car carrier Sincerity Ace ablaze in the Pacific Ocean, 1,800 nautical...
- Colombo to hit the 7 million TEU mark as Maersk increases cargo volume
SRI LANKA's Colombo port is on the verge of reaching a major container throughput milestone as it is just shy of handling seven million TEU for...
- Ferry wreaked havoc in Samarinda
On Sep 30, 2018, at 9
- Robbers boarded the vessel two times in three hours
Bulk carrier Pindos anchored in position lat 000 14 20S, long 117 39 40E, at the Muara Berau anchorage, Samarinda, Indonesia, was boarded by armed...
- Armed robbery against ship at Muara Berau anchorage, Indonesia
The incident involved the Bahamas-flagged bulk carrier 'Capt Stefanos', on 20 July
- Conflicting reports regarding fate of tanker crew
All the crewmembers who abandoned the 'Desh Vaibhav' after a tank explosion have reboarded the ship, and the tanker will soon be headed for...
- Robbers stole ship stores off Samarinda
Theduty personnel aboard the 'Achilleas S
- Fire in engine room contained
On Aug 2, 2018, at 1
- Tender sank, one missing, oil leaked out
The 'Pacific Knight' sank about 11 nautical miles south of Dillingham near Clark's Point on July 25, 2018
- Cargo ship assisted in rescue of capsized mariners
The 'Lee A
- Search for man lost over board suspended
The US Coast Guard suspended its search on July 20, 2018, for a man reported overboard from the 'Cape Greig' in Ugashik Bay, Alaska
- Tug raised months after sinking with two bodies inside
The 'Natalie Jean' that sank in the Mississippi River on March 12, was pulled from the bottom on June 21 with the bodies of its two missing...
- Harbour pilot found dead, Coast Guard investigating
The Coast Guard is investigating whether a ship's failed gangway fastening played a role in the death Saturday of an experienced harbor pilot.
- Korea provides US$173 million in funding for Cebu port
SOUTH KOREA has extended a US$172
- Tanker grounded on Don River
The 'Roschem 2', carrying a cargo of 1
- Sri Lanka port sector handles over six million TEU in 2017
THE Port of Colombo handled its six millionth TEU on December 22, which was marked by a special function at the Jaya Container Terminal (JCT).
- Search for 10 missing crew members continued
Search for 10 missing crew members continued
- Coastguard took leaking freighter in tow
Coastguard took leaking freighter in tow