PACIFIC Merchant Shipping Association (PMSA), which represents shipping lines and marine terminals, says that the big five US west coast ports saw an...
- Inbound containers at US west coast ports down 8pc in June: PMSA
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- John Menzies warns of redundancies as cargo volumes plunge
UK-HEADQUARTERED handler John Menzies saw its air cargo volumes decline by 37 per cent year on year in April as a result of the coronavirus...
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Port of Salalah sees first quarter liftings up 28pc to 1.17 million TEU
CONTAINER throughput at Oman's Port of Salalah surged 28 per cent to 1
- St Petersburg box terminal (CTSP) moves 758,610 TEU up 5.1pc
RUSSIA's Container Terminal Saint-Petersburg CJSC (CTSP) handled 758,610 TEU in 2019, a year-on-year increase of 5
- Kuehne + Nagel sells UK contract logistics portfolio to XPO Logistics
SWISS global transport and logistics company Kuehne + Nagel has entered into an agreement to sell a major part of its UK contract logistics portfolio...
- Salalah port sees box volumes grow 21pc to new high of 4.1m TEU
THE cyclone Mekunu-ravaged port of Salalah pulled off an impressive recovery in 2019 with container throughput rising to a record 4
- Bombardier exits aerospace with A220 deal, and other dismemberments
CANADIAN plane maker Bombardier, which once made everything from snowmobiles to commercial jets, is poised to become a shadow of its former self as...
- XPO to spin off North American, European transport, logistics units
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics CEO Brad Jacobs said he intends to sell or spin off up to four of his business segments, following several...
- Shanghai retains world's busiest box port title, but growth slows
THE Port of Shanghai posted a 3
- Shanghai port retains top box billing, while HK keeps slipping in the ranking
SHANGHAI port has maintained its top position for a tenth consecutive year in the world in terms of container throughput in 2019 with a record 43
- Shipping industry needs to responsibly protect environment
IMO 2020 is a necessary but unwelcome burden for container shipping stakeholders, according to shipper representatives
- Blaze on Cosco mega box ship off India put under control
A FIRE broke out onboard Cosco's 10,020 TEU containership Cosco Pacific over the weekend, causing the vessel to be diverted to Colombo for...
- US DOT seeks public input on National Freight Strategic Plan
AN assessment of the ability of multimodal transportation networks within the United States to handle future freight demand is taking public comment...
- Port Klang aims for box volume of 13.5m TEU in 2019
MALAYSIA's Port Klang registered a growth of 10
- DP World's Unifeeder buys major stake in Singapore's Feedertech Group
GOBAL port operator DP World's wholly owned subsidiary Unifeeder has acquired a 77 per cent stake in Singapore's marine logistics provider...
- South Africa surrenders control of state airline to try save it
SOUTH Africa's government is to waive control of the loss-making national airline and give it an additional bailout in a bid to stave off...
- London shipbrokers buy stake in Swedish green analytics data firm
THE world's largest privately held shipbroker SSY (Simpson Spence Young), has taken a minority stake in a Swedish maritime analytics company,...