HONG Kong flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways has temporarily expanded its operations in the Americas, with a 12-week cargo service linking...
- Cathay launches 12-week cargo service to Pittsburgh linking Southeast Asia
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Scoot boosts cargo network capacity with A320ceo conversion
SINGAPORE's Scoot has removed the passenger seats of one of its A320ceo aircraft to double its cargo-carrying capability to almost 20 tonnes
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- Huawei and ZTE slow down China 5G rollout as US curbs start to bite
SHENZHEN's Huawei Technologies and ZTE, China's two largest telecoms equipment providers, have slowed down their 5G base station installation...
- China-US phone in 'constructive' trade talks and promise progress
CHINESE and American negotiators held phone talks to review progress on phase one trade deal implementation, after US Donald Trump postponed...
- India moves quietly to remove Huawei gear from its telecoms network
INDIA is phasing out equipment from Huawei and other Chinese companies from its telecoms networks over an escalating border dispute, striking a fresh...
- Box ships surpass tankers with fitted scrubbers: BIMCO
CONTAINERSHIPS with a total cargo carrying capacity of 5
- SpiceJet uses A340 'preighter' on long-haul cargo flight
INDIAN low-cost carrier SpiceJet has expanded its intercontinental cargo operations with the launch of its first long-haul 'freighter' flight
- Two Dead, Two Missing in Corpus Christi Dredge Fire
The bodies of two of four workers missing after a dredging vessel caught fire and sank in Corpus Christi, Texas, were recovered on Saturday, the U.S....
- Sydney Airport in Australia plagued with cargo congestion
THE same cargo congestion issues that have paralysed big airports in the US, China and Europe during the pandemic have materialised in Australia
- US airlines set to boost cargo capacity with PAX seat removals
DELTA Engineering - no relation to the airline of the same name - has applied for supplemental type certificate (STC) approval that would allow it to...
- Air Canada cargo revenues stronger than passenger for the first time
CARGO revenues at Air Canada have exceeded passenger revenues for the first time in the second quarter, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Air cargo guys say ecommerce will deliver the goods well into 2021
THE air cargo market will likely remain a bright spot for airlines well into 2021 as growth in e-commerce displaces Covid-driven shipments of...
- Containership scrapping increases as July hits three-year high
CONTAINERSHIP scrapping reached a three-year high in July according to Hellenic Shipping News
- HAECO removes seats from B777s for Cathay to operate cargo flights
HONG Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (HAECO) Xiamen has stripped out seats from Cathay Pacific B777s to increase their cargo capacity
- FAA says airlines can clear seats for cargo as air freight rates rise
THE Federal Aviation Administration (F) will allow airlines to remove seats and use seat tracks to secure cargo in passenger aircraft if there are no...
- Heathrow to close runway for repairs amid passenger traffic decline
HEATHROW Airport will close one of its two runways for the next few weeks for the preparatory work to begin as passenger traffic continues to...
- Rolls-Royce's Dreamliner sounds safety alert over turbine cracks
AIRCRAFT engine maker Rolls-Royce has been hit with complaints of design faults in its Trent 1000 turbine that powers the already troubled Boeing 787...
- Egypt removes 14 tonnes of waste from Red Sea!
Egypt's environment ministry announced the removal of 14 tonnes of waste from the Red Sea port as part of a government campaign launched recently to...