PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Concor to drop 10 under-performing depots owned by Indian Railways
INDIA's Container Corporation of India Ltd (Concor) plans to sell at least 10 under-performing container depots built on land leased from the...
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3
- Proposed pipeline triggers protests against rail links to Canadian ports
PROTESTERS have been blocking sections of Canada's rail network, impacting port operations on both coasts, in opposition to a Indians objections...
- PSA Marine snaps up Tramarsa Flota in Peru
PSA Marine Ltd has completed the 100 per cent acquisition of Tramarsa Flota SA and its subsidiaries in Peru from the Grupo Romero
- India's JNPT handles record 5.1m TEU in 2019
INDIA's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) processed a record-high 5
- Tanger Med lifted 4.8 million TEU in 2019, attracting major investors
THE Tanger Med port 2 complex at one of Morocco's largest ports handled 4
- HMM to lead the pack with the largest box ships ever to take to the water
HYUNDAI Merchant Marine (HMM) is to launch the world's largest containerships of 24,000 TEU on the Asia-Europe trade lanes, starting from April
- PSA International box volume increases 5pc globally in 2019 to 85m TEU
SINGAPORE'S PSA International handled 85
- Kalmar to deliver two gantries to Buenos Aires box terminal
KALMAR, part of Cargotec, is to provide two rubber-tyred gantry cranes (RTGs) with hybrid drivelines for Exolgan S A container terminal in Buenos...
- DCT Gdansk lifts 2 million TEU, first on Baltic Sea to hit that mark
POLAND's DCT Gdansk container terminal loaded its two millionth container in December 2019, becoming the first terminal in the Baltic Sea to pass...
- State to build dock to raise Antwerp's capacity 7.1 million TEU
THE government of the Belgian Flanders Region has said it will build a new Antwerp tidal dock on the River Scheldt's bank, expected to add...
- Singapore's PSA International renames Halterm holding 'PSA Halifax'
SINGAPORE's PSA International's has renamed Halifax's Halterm Container Terminal 'PSA Halifax'
- PSA's Kolkata box terminal has record-breaking month in October
PSA's Bharat Kolkata Container Terminals at India's Kolkata port lifted a record monthly container throughput of 61,755 TEU in October,...
- Wartsila, PSA Marine trial autonomous harbour tug in Singapore
THE IntelliTug project of technology group Wartsila in partnership with PSA Marine has taken a major step forwards as the dynamic positioning (DP)...
- Capacity to be expanded at Portugal's Port of Sines to handle 7m TEU
PORTUGAL's Port of Sines is to see its container handling capacity surge with an agreement finalised for the enlargement of its existing...
- World's largest box ship, 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella, calls at Singapore port
THE port of Singapore has welcomed its largest containership to date, the 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella
- Global Maritime Forum focuses on safe, sustainable solutions
MARITIME experts met recently to discuss some of the major challenges facing shipping at the Global Maritime Forum's 2019 annual summit in...