Twelve Vietnamese seafarers, including the captain, have been stranded in Malaysian waters in deplorable conditions since they started work aboard...
- Desperate for a lifeline!
- APL box ship loses 40 containers overboard in rough seas near Australia
SINGAPORE-FLAGGED container ship APL England has reportedly lost 40 containers overboard while encountering heavy seas off the coast of Australia
- CN revises 2020 outlook after posing 'solid' quarterly results
CANADIAN National Railway (CN) has posted 'solid' first-quarter financial and operating results, despite experiencing rail blockades and the...
- Crew members stranded on board ships face mental, physical problems
SHIPMANAGERS are providing extra activities such as games and competitions or even barbecues to boost the morale of crew stuck on board ships during...
- UK's navy to escort ships through Strait of Hormuz
THE UK's Royal Navy is preparing to accompany ships through the Strait of Hormuz amid a flareup in Middle East tensions, in the wake of the US...
- Forwarders show digital savvy, but face carrier, young cyber rivals
LEADING forwarders have made major advances in their online sales capabilities, but face sharp competition from digital forwarders and container...
- Greater vetting is required to stop misdeclared cargo posing fire risk on box ships
WITH the carrying capacity of containerships now reaching the 24,000 TEU mark, extinguishing fires on board is becoming ever more difficult
- Cosco Shipping warns industry outlook faces risks as 2018 profit halved
CHINA's state-owned Cosco Shipping Holdings has warned of trade frictions and high oil prices posing risks for the global shipping industry this...
- Abandoned ships in Nigeria cause suffering in coastal communities
NIGERIA's waters have become a dumping ground for shipwrecks and unserviceable vessels abandoned by local and international shipping companies,...
- Marine casualties highest in South China Seas and adjacent waters
THE South China Seas and adjacent waters have become the most marine casualty prone in global shipping according to a new Allianz study, reports...
- Bangladesh's Chittagong port continues to buy equipment to modernise.
BANGLADESH's Chittagong port is ploughing full steam ahead with its modernisation plans after handling 2,808,554 TEU in the last fiscal year...
- Black Rose still a threat to navigation
The 'Black Rose' wreck near Paradip is still lying unattended
- Firefighters monitoring two remaining hotspots
Firefighters have gained the upper hand after more than three days battling the fire aboard the 'Iron Chieftain' at Port Kembla
- Vessel detained after being towed to Vigo
Vessel detained after being towed to Vigo
- First maritime cyber security course to be held for managers in Hong Kong
CBS Executive together with the Copenhangen Business School is offering a two-day "Maritime Cyber Security" course for managers in Hong Kong.
- Future of iShipping to be discussed at September 13 Singapore forum
DIGITAL Ship is holding its Maritime CIO Forum in Singapore on October 13 to discuss the increasing roles of information technology in shipping.
- Competition among eastern Canadian ports shifts gears
DUBAI's DP World is to lease, operate and expand Rodney Container Terminal at Saint John in eastern Canada's New Brunswick province.
- Drewry Maritime Equity Research downgrades Maersk to 'Unattractive'
DREWRY Maritime Equity Research (DMER) in a note of warning to investors, downgraded APMoller-Maersk - the entire Maersk group of companies, as...
- Vehicle carrier "Modern Express" abandoned in Biscay with 40 degrees list
The "Modern Express" got in distress 148 miles off Cape Ortegal in the Bay of Biscay on Jan 26, 2016. A "push-button" alarm had been raised by the...
- Dairy giant Fonterra exports record volumes, but 2016 outlook glum
NEW Zealand dairy giant Fonterra exported a record 300,000 tonnes of dairy products to overseas markets in December, a 10 per cent increase on its...