DANISH shipping giant Maersk is helping banks enforce the carbon-neutral agenda, terms under which smaller players must conform, reports London's...
- Maersk credit linked to eco performance, forcing small fry to comply
- Proposed box port at Vadhavan to relieve JNPT faces green opposition
THE western Indian state of Maharashtra is gearing up to develop a mega container port to be constructed at a cost of INR655
- India sneers at Amazon's US$1b investment as resentment grows
THE Indian government has scoffed at Amazon
- Box rates up, but concerns still there to recoup costs of IMO 2020
THE long-term contracted market has experienced a third consecutive month of increases, equating to an 8 per cent overall year-on-year rise,...
- Cargologic Germany takes off as Leipzig Halle sees cargo growth
CARGOLOGIC Germany has put two aircraft into service, ending a delay to gaining its aircraft operating certificate (AOC)
- Tanger Med lifted 4.8 million TEU in 2019, attracting major investors
THE Tanger Med port 2 complex at one of Morocco's largest ports handled 4
- Sold out Air Cargo 2020 to bring together aviation, logistics players
CONFERENCE Air Cargo 2020 is to be held at the Omni Hotel on January 26-28 in Nashville, Tennessee
- DHL Supply Chain to manage Nestle's warehousing needs in Myanmar
WORLD'S largest food company Nestle has appointed global market leader for contract logistics solutions, DHL Supply Chain (DHL), to manage...
- New Silk Road to use more rail to China, cut transit times
THE second half of last year's Eurasian rail freight traffic flows were sparked into action by major changes in Chinese support measures, Russian...
- As Maersk lays off 200, its old COO defects to manage MSC
MAERSK is about to start again after 200 job cuts and loss of several executives, but its old operations chief Soren Toft's arrival to manage...
- BIMCO cites US$2 per bunker tonne levy for decarbonisation R&D
BIMCO has voiced its belief that the mandatory US$2 per tonne fuel oil payment to be levied on shipping companies is not intended to be a...
- Port Klang aims for box volume of 13.5m TEU in 2019
MALAYSIA's Port Klang registered a growth of 10
- GTR opens new US$5.6m airfreight hub at Kuala Lumpur Airport
GTR (Ground Team Red), a joint venture between AirAsia and SATS, has opened a new airfreight hub at Kuala Lumpur Airport's Air Cargo Terminal 1
- Qingdao port hits 20m TEU container volume in 2019
CHINA's northern port of Qingdao handled 20 million TEU this year, after the port's inland and sea-rail combined cargo volume rose 20 per...
- Maersk opens new facility in Vietnam to handle new sourcing demand
DANISH shipping giant Maersk has opened a new logistics centre in North Vietnam as it looks to capitalise on the dominant 'China plus one'...
- Salvage industry struggles with shortage of income generating business
CONCERNS have been raised that the major corporates engaged in the salvage industry may exit the business amid an ongoing decline in...
- Fears over Chinese ownership of foreign ports 'overstated' - Drewry
CHINA's port and terminal operators have made some significant acquisitions overseas, however, concerns that Chinese terminal operators are...
- Anglo-Eastern creates new inspection gaming app for seafarers
HONG Kong-based ship manager Anglo-Eastern is launching an educational gaming app for seafarers that is designed to reduce shipboard deficiencies
- Hong Kong holds Asian Logistics Maritime Conference on Nov 19-20
THE ninth Asian Logistics and Maritime Conference (ALMC), an annual event jointly organised for these industries by the Hong Kong Trade Development...
- Qatar Hamad Airport to build cargo terminal to support Qatar Airways
QATAR's Hamad International Airport (HIA) south of Doha plans to construct a cargo terminal that will raise handling capacity to 3