THE US Department of Justice has announced that a Singapore-based tanker operator has pleaded guilty in a California district court to illegally...
- Singaporean tanker operator admits in US court to illegally dumping oil bilge
- Two shipping firms fined US$1.8m for illegally dumping oily bilge water in US
NEDERLAND Shipping Co and Chartworld Shipping Co have agreed to pay a US$1
- Hapag-Lloyd's Dublin Express leaked up to 100,000 gallons of fuel oil
THE Unified Command, consisting state and federal agencies and set up to coordinate the cleanup of the oil spill from Hapag-Lloyd's box ship...
- Interorient fined US$2 million for dumping oily wastewater into US waters
INTERORIENT Marine Services has been fined US$2 million and must serve a four-year probation term after being found guilty of maintaining false and...
- German carrier fined US$3.2 million for dumping bilge in Maine
GERMAN shipping company MST Mineralien Schiffahrt Spedition und Transport has been fined US$3
- Waste water treatment firm wants tighter rules to drum up new trade
REPORTS of ships dumping food waste and grey water into Australia's Great Barrier Reef has aroused a German waste water treatment company to...
- Sanmar's most powerful quartet is Morocco bound
Svitzer Tanger, Svitzer Tetouan, Svitzer Chefchaouen and Svitzer Al Hoceima all measure 29.4m LOA with a beam of 13.3m and attain a bollard pull...
- Wreck removal not before 2019
One year after the grounding of the 'Kea Trader' on Durand Reef on July 12, 2017, the local authorities announced that the arrival of heavy...
- Two people arrested for operating ujnseaworthy vessel
Two people have been arrested and charged for operating an unseaworthy and substandard vessel
- Freighter breached in allision
About 50 liters oil were spilled on Apr 25, 2018, at 2 p
- NAS Pathfinder detained at Dover Harbour
A tug which lost propulsion while carrying out a tow, remains in detention after Maritime & Coastguard Agency surveyors found a number of...
- Unsafe ship detained in Oristano
Unsafe ship detained in Oristano
- Marine casualty salvors face perils afloat and red tape ashore
A BREAKFAST briefing on marine casualty response at Hong Kong's Foreign Correspondents Club last week revealed the dangers afloat and the...
- Open ship on future sunken ship
Open ship on future sunken ship
- Multiagency response to fishing vessel
Multiagency response to fishing vessel
- Nehir suspected for oil pollution
Nehir suspected for oil pollution
- Large scale fire alert due to smoke development in engine room
Large scale fire alert due to smoke development in engine room
- Princess Cruises sentenced to largest penalty ever for pollution crime on their ships
Princess Cruises sentenced to largest penalty ever for pollution crime on their ships
- Venezuela's Dirty Oil Tankers Banned in International Waters
Venezuela’s Dirty Oil Tankers Banned in International Waters
- Greek chief engineer faces up to 20 years in US for discharging bilge water
A MEDIUM range tanker's Greek chief engineer Panagiotis Koutoukakis faces up to 25 years in prison in US Federal Court for falsifying records to...