Exploration work in the expanded North Field mega project showed confirmed gas reserves there exceed 1,760 trillion cubic feet, Kaabi said in...
- Qatar Petroleum signs $19 billion shipbuilding agreements with Korean companies
- PIL seeks lifeline from Temasek Investment to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED Pacific International Lines is in talks with an arm of the Lion City's sovereign-wealth fund Temasek Holdings over a potential...
- JD.com re-introduces air cargo service from Shenzhen to Wuxi
BEIJING-HEADQUARTERED online marketplace JD
- ASEAN hopes India rejoins trading bloc by offering new concessions
THE Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the 15-member trading bloc that includes China, is now courting India to re-join, offering...
- Safety crackdown led to more ship detentions in 2019: report
SHIP detentions were up in the Asia-Pacific region in 2019 after seven years of decline, according to the annual report of the Tokyo MOU, an...
- Hamburg's HHLA takes delivery of 2 gantry cranes from Shanghai's ZPMC
TWO new container gantry cranes have arrived at the HHLA Container Terminal Burchardkai (CTB) in Hamburg, reports Fort Lauderdale's Maritime...
- Turkish-Russian rapprochement 100 years after Ataturk's first letter to Lenin
- Sea crew change restrictions endanger workers and supply chains
Travel restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic have left seafarers stranded at sea, at heightened risk of infection, or trapped onshore facing...
- Asia-US west coast box shipping lanes are stripping 7,000 TEU of capacity in May
CAPACITY on Asia-US container shipping routes will be reduced by 7,000 TEU per week from May, says Alphaliner
- Davies Turner resumes Express China rail freight service for containers
DAVIES Turner has announced that its fixed-day, weekly direct rail import service from China to the UK will re-commence in the middle of this month
- TransContainer ditches Dobra terminal as volumes fall on cargo re-routing
RUSSIAN intermodal operator TransContainer will shut down its Slovakian subsidiary and terminate its lease five years early on the Dobra intermodal...
- FreightWaves expects virus to drive 10pc US-China box import drop
CONTAINER imports into the 10 biggest American ports fell 4
- Seaspan 2019 profit up 77.3pc to US$368 million as revenue rises 3.6pc
SEASPAN, Hong Kong's non-operating containership owner, posted a 77
- Cathay flies 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, down 8.9pc
CATHAY Pacific and Cathay Dragon transported a combined 151,964 tonnes of cargo and mail in January, representing a year-on-year decrease of 8
- Deepsea container volumes grew 1pc to 169 million TEU in 2019: CTS
CONTAINER Trades Statistics (CTS) has calculated that containerised cargo transported over deepsea routes swelled to 169 million TEU in 2019, an...
- Qatari ports lift 115,837 TEU in January as expansion works continue
QATARI ports of Hamad, Doha and Ruwais Port saw a significant rise in cargo volumes in January, handling 50 per cent more vehicles compared to the...
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- Imports to US major ports expected to take heavy blow in February
IMPORT volumes at the top US retail container ports are likely to dive this month on the back of the coronavirus outbreak
- WFS to provide warehousing services to Etihad Cargo at Frankfurt
ETIHAD Cargo has chosen Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) to provide warehouse and cargo handling services at Frankfurt Airport from February 15, 2020
- Airfreight rates forecast to dive deeper in January, after lacklustre peak season
AIRFREIGHT rates dipped in December following a rise in November, suggesting that the weak peak season has come to an end, and London-based...