Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
- Indonesia industrial park to spearhead bid to lure China supply chains
INDONESIA plans to build one of its largest industrial parks on the north coast of Java island in a renewed drive to attract manufacturers relocating...
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- EU efforts to soothe transatlantic trade tensions with US have stalled
US elections mean any breakthrough in European will likely be delayed until after November, says the EU's trade chief Phil Hogan, reports...
- WHO reports largest single day increase in COVID-19 cases!
The World Health Organization (WHO) reported the largest single-day increase in coronavirus cases over the course of Sunday, registering more than...
- Seafarers Need Recognition and Support from Governments: IMO Chief
The world’s top maritime regulator writes that seafarers are ensuring the movement of essential goods during the pandemic, but restrictions on crew...
- Nallian expands business by acquiring pharma logistics consultancy
AIR cargo data platform Nallian has acquired pharma logistics consultant 4Advice as it looks to expand the range of services it can offer
- Cautious optimism as air cargo volumes improve in May
FOLLOWING the extreme Covid-19 impact on air cargo volumes in the month of April, the air cargo market has shown some signs of improvement in May...
- China crucial to Australia's post-Covid-19 recovery: Oz uni study
CHINA is poised for a speedy economic recovery, positioning itself to help Australia do the same, according to a report posted by the University of...
- There is a future for the shipping world after Covid-19 pandemic: PISR CEO
THE global shipping industry will be at the forefront when the world economy recovers after the Covid-19 pandemic, a view held by Panos Kimidis, CEO...
- SIA Cargo puts reliance on cargo-only passenger flights
SINGAPORE's SIA Cargo has reported that May cargo load factor was 14
- US law forces US companies to shun mainland China gear
A US new law banning any gear from Huawei Technologies is being implemented across government contractors, according to Bloomberg
- US$23 billion loss risked 'if box carriers lose rate control'
IN planning their container shipment bookings for the third quarter, shippers and forwarders can expect a new wave of blanking announcements over the...
- Cathay finds cargo only bright spot in otherwise grim month of May
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon declared that its cargo business continued to be the highlight in May as more cargo-only passenger...
- Nearly half the major ports see drop in box ship calls: IAPH report
SOME forty-five per cent of ports have reported that the number of containership calls have fallen by between five per cent and 25 per cent compared...
- April box demand fell 8.1pc to 2.4m TEU: Container Trade Statistics
GLOBAL container demand fell 2
- Canadian Pacific closes sale of Central Maine & Quebec Railway network
CANADIAN Pacific has completed the acquisition of the entire Central Marine & Quebec (CMQ) railway network, which was first announced in November...
- Pandemic's impact on imports easing, but volumes below last year's: NRF
THE impact of Covid-19 at major US retail container ports appears to be easing slightly, with projected imports remaining below last year's...