The most recent offering in the WMU Alumni Webinar series took place on 29 May with the topic of COVID-19 and Shipping: Maritime Law and Policy...
- WMU WEBINAR COVID-19 AND SHIPPING: Maritime Law and Policy
- ANALYSIS: LNG fails to answer shipping's big energy transition!
LNG has the shipping industry's attention as the next step to meeting climate change goals. It's already being...
- TAPA warns of crime surge as lockdowns are eased
THE Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) has warned of an expected spike in cargo thefts as coronavirus lockdowns are eased across Europe,...
- Airfreight rates on key trades decline for third consecutive week
AIRFREIGHT rates out of Shanghai continued on a downward trajectory last week as air cargo capacity on key routes remained steady, according to the...
- South Carolina Ports welcomes First Solar to Greenville
THE South Carolina Ports Authority has announced that First Solar, America's largest solar manufacturer, has selected Greenville, SC, as its new...
- HMM Algeciras becomes world's largest megaship to arrive in Europe
THE 24,000 TEU-class HMM Algeciras arrived in Rotterdam setting a new record as the largest ship to enter a European port
- CMA CGM levies US$200/TEU Asia-E Africa rate hike June 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to implement a rate restoration programme mid-June on its Asia to East Africa trade
- Idle box shipping fleet hits record of 11.6pc of capacity
ANALYST Alphaliner says the inactive container shipping fleet has reached an all time high of 11
- Rail freight from Yiwu to Madrid soars 75pc
A MAJOR China-Europe freight train route linking Yiwu in Zhejiang Province and Madrid in Spain has seen deliveries surge 72 per cent in the first...
- Mexpress starts new bonded trucking service between US-Mexican airports
ROAD feeder service (RFS) provider Mexpress, which offers bonded trucking between US and Mexican airports, has launched a new service from Columbus,...
- E-commerce airfreight volumes the 'saviour' for last-mile logistics firms
AS much as PPE shipments have become the mainstay for air cargo during the pandemic, e-commerce volumes have also broken records
- Cargotec unloads 49pc share in China joint venture
HELSINKI, Finland-headquartered Cargotec has completed the sale of its share of the joint venture Rainbow-Cargotec Industries Co Ltd (RCI) in China
- Piraeus aims to be top container port in the Mediterranean
GREECE's port of Piraeus has now become the Mediterranean's top container-handling port, according to officials from the Piraeus Port...
- ICL will make new call at Ireland's Port of Cork
US Richmond, Virginia-headquartered niche carrier Independent Container Line (ICL) has announced plans to include the port of Cork on its North...
- Capacity crunch continues on Asia-Europe trade, but it's guesswork for the summer
HEAUL cargo visibility for Asia-North Europe carriers is still unclear for July and August, with much depending on the speed of the economic recovery...
- Box ship's schedule reliability down slightly in April: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability declined marginally in April, down 0
- Cargo-partner launches new Liege hub to cope with air cargo growth
LOGISTICS firm cargo-partner has opened a new office at Liege airport (LGG) to meet recent demand growth
- Forwarders look to other modes to ease China air cargo congestion
EXPEDITORS and DSV Panaplina have both been promoting alternatives to air cargo, such as road, rail and express ocean, as an option out of China in...
- US Q1 containerised agricultural exports up 13pc
US agricultural exports increased 12
- DSME enhances status as leading smart ship builder, delivering largest box ship
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has recently delivered a 24,000 TEU super container ship equipped with its own...