Sanmar Shipyards, the renowned Turkish tug building specialist, has followed up on recent deliveries of the two Sirapinar class ASD tugs to the Port...
- Sanmar and Svitzer deliver power and performance to Port of Sohar
- CN revises 2020 outlook after posing 'solid' quarterly results
CANADIAN National Railway (CN) has posted 'solid' first-quarter financial and operating results, despite experiencing rail blockades and the...
- CP donates US$1 million to charities helping in the Covid-19 battle
CANADIAN Pacific (CP) is donating US$1 million to four North American charities working on the front lines to help people impacted by Covid-19
- 'Significant increase' in usage of ULD exchange Skypooling
ONLINE ULD exchange Skypooling is experiencing a 'significant increase' in inquiries with the number of offered and asked for ULDs increasing...
- Bollore Logistics acquires G Solutions to strengthen Nordic footprint
BOLLORE Logistics of France has expanded its presence in the Nordics with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Swedish company Global Freight...
- Asia-Europe container capacity could shrink by 38pc with May's cancelled sailings
BLANK sailings will peak on the Asia-Europe trades in the next three weeks, with carriers withdrawing close to 40 per cent of capacity in an attempt...
- US flies in more emergency medical supplies to fight coronavirus
THE US is continuing to airlift emergency medical supplies with at least two all-cargo planes making deliveries last week
- ABS Unveils Latest Trends and Projections for Future Fuels and Decarbonization
ABS has published the latest trends and projections on carbon-reduction strategies for shipping as the industry looks to meet decarbonization...
- Cathay 'cautiously optimistic' about cargo, but expects 'substantial loss' in H1 2020
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says that its cargo business, despite facing headwinds, has managed to maintain its cargo capacity intact
- Odin of Scapa Launched
The first of the Orkney Islands Council two new tugs – Odin of Scapa – was launched last month (February) at the Sanmar Shipyard at Altinova in...
- Fertiliser could be used to fuel ships if zero CO2-emitting ammonia is produced
OCEAN-GOING ships could be fuelled by ammonia within the next decade in a bid to cut greenhouse gas emissions
- Maersk buys California's Performance to boost warehousing, trucking
AP Moller Maersk is acquiring US warehousing and distribution firm Performance Team for US$545 million in a bid to strengthen the shipping...
- New reliability survey produces unexpected top performers in shipping
ISRAEL's Zim emerged as the top performing carrier in 2019's Schedule Reliability Report with the Dominican Republic's Port of Rio Haina...
- CMA CGM offers matchmaking Networking Intermediation Services
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has announced the launch of its Networking Intermediation Services, as the 'first and only business matchmaking...
- Container lines blank more sailings to match demand, bolster rates
THE downturn in US-China trade is prompting major container shipping lines to scrap an expanding number of weekly transpacific sailings
- Atlas 767 crash: Go-around mode activated after mysterious 'click'
THE National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) probing the fatal February 23 Atlas Air Boeing 767-300 freighter crash near Houston are stumped over...
- Negative shipping outlook for 2020 due to slow growth, trade rows
FITCH rating agency is forecasting a gloomy outlook for global shipping in 2020 on the back of slowing global economic growth, trade tensions and...
- Asia Pacific airlines suffer 5.9pc decline in cargo demand in October
ASIA PACIFIC airlines experienced weakness in October cargo volume with demand down 5
- SM Line to start calling at port of Portland in January, resuming box services
SOUTH Korea's SM Line plans to start a weekly container shipping service that will call at the US port of Portland in Oregon from early next year
- Singapore Airlines Cargo October volumes fall 6.8pc yoy to 107,900 tonnes
SINGAPORE Airlines Cargo's freight volumes in October declined by 6