TWO people have been arrested in Vietnam in connection with the discovery of 39 migrants found dead inside a refrigerated lorry at Waterglade...
- Two people arrested in Vietnam over deaths of 39 people in lorry in UK
- Port Klang rolls out 2 new systems to ease container lorry traffic
MALAYSIA's Port Klang Authority (PKA) will implement two new systems to enable freight forwarding companies and their lorry drivers to know in...
- Cargolux completes beluga whale flight from China to Iceland
CARGOLUX has successfully completed the transport of two female former captive whales, Little Grey and Little White, to Iceland following a...
- US port of Oakland posts truck turn times on digital portal
US west coast port of Oakland has started posting truck turn times on its online portal to inform lorry drivers about how long it takes to pick up or...
- Fire fighters starting to gain control of the fire
Aboard the 'Eleftherios Venizelos' the situation was becoming more and more manageable on Aug 30
- Thieves steal 114 tonnes of cobalt from secure Rotterdam port unit
Thieves have stolen 114 tonnes of cobalt from a secure warehouse in Rotterdam’s port area, local broadcaster RTV Rijnmond reported on Friday
- Shipping line concerns over IT problems at Felixstowe Port
Shipping lines are looking at moving some business from the UK’s biggest container port, which has been hit by delays caused by IT problems
- Lorries destroyed in Harwich Stena Line ship fire
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service said the Stena Line ship was due to dock at Harwich International Port, Essex, at about 05:00 GMT.
- Protected East London wharf returns to life to handle cargo
A STRATEGICALLY important protected wharf in East London, Peruvian Wharlf in Newham, is set to return to operation after its acquisition by the Port...
- Rotterdam's Broekman Logistics promises 'SOLAS proof' VGMs at its yard
ROTTERDAM's Broekman Logistics has announced it will offer a "SOLAS proof" method of securing verified gross mass, or weight of a container and its...
- Migrants aggressively target freight vehicles as chaos returns to Calais
TRUCK drivers are being threatened by organised gangs of migrants throwing stones and trying to get aboard trucks at Calais.
- Hundreds safe after ferry blaze off Tenerife coast
A Spanish ferry carrying 334 people in the Canary Islands had to return to port when a fire broke out on one of its car decks, forcing an evacuation...
- Ferry ran aground after loss of power
In the evening of Nov 17, 2011, at 7.30 p.m. the "Rauma" lost power between Aukra and Hollingsholmen and ran aground on rocks off Hollingsholmen.
- Container shipping sector heading for growth through consolidation
The world’s largest container shipping company confident for the future as it places order for container ships.Maersk, the world’s largest...