DESPITE slipping from third to fourth place in Alphaliner's ocean carrier rankings and carrying a debt load of US$18 billion against an annual...
- Full speed ahead for CMA CGM's upbeat boss, despite CEVA and debt woes
- Coronavirus delays South Africa's pear-export agreement with China
THE coronavirus outbreak has delayed South Africa's pear-export agreement with China next month, according to Jacques du Preez, general manager...
- State to build dock to raise Antwerp's capacity 7.1 million TEU
THE government of the Belgian Flanders Region has said it will build a new Antwerp tidal dock on the River Scheldt's bank, expected to add...
- CMA CGM calls on France to find new energy - fossil fuels must go
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has called on the President of France, Emmanuel Macron, to initiate an international coalition for an energy transition
- Antwerp port's box volume from January to September rises 6.4pc to 8.87m TEU
THE Belgium port of Antwerp saw container throughput rise by 6
- CMA CGM launches world's largest LNG-powered container ship
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has launched the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, the world's largest LNG-powered ship at China's Shanghai...
- Marseilles commemorates Jacques R Saade naming boulevard after him
FOLLOWING his passing last year, the city of Marseilles has paid tribute to the founding president of CMA CGM Jacques R Saade by naming one of the...
- Antwerp's cargo volume falls 3pc YoY in Q1 compared to a record 2018
TOTAL cargo turnover at the port of Antwerp declined by three per cent in the first quarter of 2019
- Angry Eurotunnel chief slams UK government for 'no-deal' shipping contracts
EUROTUNNEL has accused the UK government of 'anti-competitive' and 'distortionary' behaviour for awarding a string of no-deal Brexit...
- OOCL cancels 14 Trans-Pacific sailings on Chinese New Year lull
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has announced the cancellation of 14 sailings on the Trans-Pacific trade...
- Antwerp sees 2018 as 6th consecutive record cargo year in all segments
THE Port of Antwerp expects 2018 to be a record year for the sixth time in a row, with growth in all cargo segments
- Notilo Plus wins Jacques Saade Award for underwater drone technology
THE first Jacques Saade Award, created in honour of the founder of French shipping group CMA CGM, has been awarded to Notilo Plus, a start-up that...
- Antwerp volume up 6.8pc to 8.33 million TEU from January to September
THE Port of Antwerp achieved year-on-year throughput growth of six per cent in the first nine months of the year with total cargo volume reaching...
- CMA CGM celebrates its 40th birthday as a 'unique entrepreneurial story'
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM celebrated its 40th birthday on Thursday September 13, commemorating what the Marseilles-based company regards as a...
- Port of Antwerp H1 box throughput surges 8.3pc to 5.5m TEU
A RECORD container throughput of more than 1 million TEU in May helped the Port of Antwerp to gain on a record first quarter to post a 6
- Hapag-Lloyd wonders: What does 'America first' mean for global trade?
EUROPEAN tariffs are on average much higher than those in the US
- Antwerp's Railport to double intermodal capacity in a few years
RAILPORT Antwerp, a joint venture of Antwerp Port Authority, Left Bank Development Corporation and industry associations, plans to double intermodal...
- Tributes pour in for CMA CGM Group founding president Jacques Saade
THE death CMA CGM Group founding president Jacques Saade has roused an emotional response within the group, the maritime transportation industry and...
- Fisherman lost over board and saved
On June 28, around 9
- CMA CGM's founder Jacques R Saade passes away
THE founding president of the CMA CGM Group, Jacques R Saade, passed away Sunday, June 24, at the age of 81