SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$907/TEU, USWC up 8.5pc at $2,920/FEU
- Frankfurt-Hahn Airport reports 81pc airfreight increase in May
FRANKFURT-HAHN Airport handled significantly more freight in May than in the same month of the previous year despite being heavily influenced by the...
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- John Menzies warns of redundancies as cargo volumes plunge
UK-HEADQUARTERED handler John Menzies saw its air cargo volumes decline by 37 per cent year on year in April as a result of the coronavirus...
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL Express to open new US$79m cargo facility at Munich Airport
DHL Express Germany is planning to build a new cargo facility, covering more than 8,000 square metres, at Munich Airport
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- Qatar Cargo volume boosted by bellyhold and freighter operations
QATAR Airways Cargo has continued to head the market in April as volumes hit 900 million cargo tonne kilometres (CTK), according to IATA data,...
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- Asia-Europe rates up 0.5pc to US$890/TEU, USWC increase 0.9pc at $2,692/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up slightly by 0
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- TS Lines in search of new ships as Q1 profits soar 170pc to US$21.5m
CHAIRMAN of TS Lines, Chen Te Shen says controlling costs and services additions on routes with growing demand have led to the Taiwan carrier's...
- Volga-Dnepr upgrades An-124 by 20 tonnes to 150 tonnes
RUSSIA's Volga-Dnepr upgraded the capacity of a second An-124 aircraft by 20 tonnes, bringing total payload to 150 tons, reports London's Air...
- SIA Cargo puts reliance on cargo-only passenger flights
SINGAPORE's SIA Cargo has reported that May cargo load factor was 14
- Cargo volumes up 15.9pc at Panama ports January - May
CARGO volumes in Panamanian ports grew 15
- Asia-Europe 1.3pc to US$886/TEU, USWC off 3.1pc to $2,669/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday increased 1
- Covid-19 spawned ecommerce prompts DHL to add 400 jobs
DHL Express, a leading provider of international express shipping services, is adding 400 new jobs in the United States due to a double-digit volume...
- Cargo, low fuel bright spots in worst year for aviation: IATA
THE year 2020 will go down as the worst financial year in the history of aviation because of the Covid-19 crisis, a fact that justifies an...
- Cathay finds cargo only bright spot in otherwise grim month of May
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon declared that its cargo business continued to be the highlight in May as more cargo-only passenger...