AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- FAA probes allegations Boeing pressured their designated QC inspectors
THE US Federal Aviation Administration (F) has begun a probe into Boeing after its employees authorised by the government to assess the quality of...
- Global forwarding market adapting to new realities, says UK's Ti research
NEW research from Transport Intelligence (Ti) shows the post-Covid-19 global forwarding market is already emerging
- Optimarin passes IMO and US Coast Guard ballast water treatment tests
BALLAST water treatment (BWT) specialist Optimarin has successfully completed testing of its system in accordance with IMO G8 while upgrading its...
- OOCL wins environmental Gold Award from the HKAEE for the fourth time
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has once again received the gold trophy in the 2019 Hong Kong Awards for...
- International Chamber of Shipping makes urgent plea for crew changes
'RED tape and bureaucracy must not be allowed to trap our seafarers or lead to economic problems in your countries,' said International...
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Australian agri-exporter in for extra round of Canberra subsidies
AUSTRALIAN for agri-filled freighter flights - but importers face capacity constraints on ocean freight, reports London's Loadstar
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- United warns 36,000 US-based employees of apprehended layoffs
UNITED Airlines has notified 36,000 of its US employees, or 45 per cent of its workforce, that their jobs are at risk after federal payroll aid...
- Panalpina CFO Robet Erni replaces Burkhard Eling at Dachser Group
GERMAN freight company headquartered in Kempten, Dachser is appointing experienced logistics CFO Robert Erni to succeed Burkhard Eling
- Kalmar wins mega reachstacker order from Australian logistics firm
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has received a significant order for ten Kalmar Eco reachstackers, five empty container handlers and one medium...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- BIFA hails UK government plan to invest in employment programme
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) has welcomed the package of measures unveiled by the government to encourage employment support...
- Barb Wilson named Port of Seattle Commission's new chief of staff
PORT of Seattle has appointed Barb Wilson as its new chief of staff for its five-member elected body, the Port of Seattle Commission
- Trump White House tells railway pension fund to avoid China deals
THE White House has warned the Railroad Retirement Board, a federal agency, that its investments in Chinese assets are an 'unnecessary economic...