SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
- HK's shipping fraternity lends support to crew change operations locally
THE Hong Kong Shipowners Association (HKSOA) and the Hong Kong Liner Shipping Association (HKLSA) have stressed the importance of supporting...
- Cathay Pacific delays Airbus deliveries, in advanced talks with Boeing
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific says it has reached agreement with Airbus to delay the delivery of A350s and A321neos and was in advanced talks with...
- HAECO removes seats from B777s for Cathay to operate cargo flights
HONG Kong Aircraft Engineering Company Limited (HAECO) Xiamen has stripped out seats from Cathay Pacific B777s to increase their cargo capacity
- Cathay Pacific anticipates historic loss of US$1.28 billion due to virus
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says it expects to incur a substantial loss of HKD9
- Cathay shareholders approve US$5 billion bailout to avoid collapse
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways' shareholders approved a plan to raise HK$39 billion (US$5 billion) in a government-backed rescue that...
- OOCL wins environmental Gold Award from the HKAEE for the fourth time
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has once again received the gold trophy in the 2019 Hong Kong Awards for...
- HK Trade Development Council expects 10pc export fall
THE Hong Kong Trade Development Council predicts Hong Kong's export performance for 2020 will decline by 10 per cent due to the economic damage...
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Major 'right-sizing' afoot, warns Cathay boss in wake of Covid blow
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways chairman Patrick Healy has warned that 'tough decisions will need to be made' by the fourth quarter of...
- Hong Kong to allow unrestricted crew changes
In a major step forward in getting crew changes moving again Hong Kong is to allow unrestricted exchanges of seafarers.
- Travel restrictions lead to spike in air cargo drug seizures in Hong Kong
HONG Kong air cargo drug seizures surged 165 per cent in first five months as Covid-19 restrictions prevent couriers from flying into city
- OOCL voids March 14 sailing from HK on Gulf Coast China 1 loop
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has voided another transpacific sailing due to the expected drop in market...
- Cathay Group cargo decreases 9.6pc in February - 9.2pc in 2020
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Dragon Group reported that cargo volume in February fell 9
- FedEx delivers medical supplies to HK to help out virus outbreak
FEDEX Express is using its global network and logistics resources to provide rapid transportation of medical supplies and personal protective...
- Cathay 'cautiously optimistic' about cargo, but expects 'substantial loss' in H1 2020
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says that its cargo business, despite facing headwinds, has managed to maintain its cargo capacity intact
- FedEx Express is re-certified as a HK Authorised Economic Operator
FEDEX Express has again been certified as a Hong Kong Authorised Economic Operator (HKAEO) by the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department
- Hong Kong reaffirms US$642m spending to boost airfreight logistics
HONG Kong's Financial Secretary, Paul Chan, has reaffirmed the government's plan, which he launched last year, to set aside HKD5 billion...
- US Postal Service ends delivery guarantee for mainland, HK express
THE US Postal Service has suspended the delivery guarantee on Priority Mail Express International shipments destined for China and Hong Kong,...
- Hutchison Port Holdings Trust appoints Fong Chi Wai Alex as director
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) has announced the appointment of Fong Chi Wai Alex, 63, as independent non-executive...