A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Global Port Tracker's mood changes from negative to positive
US IMPORTS surged to unexpected levels and may have hit a new record as the US economy continues to reopen and retailers stock up for the holiday...
- Indo-China trade at risk as border skirmishes intensify
INDIA banned 118 more mostly Chinese apps, raising tensions after troops skirmished over a disputed Himalayan border site, raising doubts about the...
- Air cargo rates out of China are high and climbing, say analysts
ASIA air freight rates are high and climbing higher as the Covid lockdowns reduce capacity rising demand causes rates to skyrocket, reports New...
- China witnesses uptick in air cargo as economic activity resumes
AIR freight rates from China to Europe, the US and Japan are rising as China takes the lead in resuming production after the impact of the Covid...
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...
- Association of Asia Pacific Airlines reports July cargo demand stablises
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) reported a stable air cargo demand in July, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Shenzhen Customs posts 13.5pc in July trade growth to US$40 billion
SHENZHEN, south China's metropolis, saw foreign trade grow 13
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- Yang Ming new 2,800 TEU vessel is named 'YM Centennial'
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp (Yang Ming) recently held a naming ceremony for its 2,800 TEU class full container vessel 'YM...
- Panama Canal extends temporary relief measures to the end of the year
THE Panama Canal has extended its temporary relief measures, implemented on May 4 until the end of September, to December 31, 2020, in a move to...
- Lufthansa Cargo opens new pharma facilities in US and Germany
LUFTHANSA Cargo has expanded its pharma operations with the opening of a new hub in Munich and another in Chicago
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Agility's H1 net profits plunge 61pc despite increase in airfreight revenue
KUWATI-BASED Agility saw its profits dive in the first half, although its airfreight business performed well
- Port of Montreal reopens after strike truce
THE Port of Montreal is back in business after longshore workers and employers agreed to a seven-month truce that will end an 11-day strike that had...
- US West Coast rates to breach US$4,000 in September
WITH China to US freight rates continuing their rapid bull run, some commentators are predicting that the China to US West Coast prices will surpass...