TERMINAL operators at Los Angeles-Long Beach ports are to increase the traffic mitigation fee (TMF) used to fund night and weekend gates at the port...
- LA-LB terminal operators to put up gate fees by 4.2pc from August 1
- Hapag-Lloyd ups east Asia/Oceania rate US$300 to Red Sea
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag Lloyd has announced a US$300 per TEU general rate increase from east Asia including Japan and Oceania to Arabian Gulf and...
- HMM Oslo heads for Europe with a full load of 19,504 containers
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine's (HMM) second 24,000 TEU ship the HMM Oslo has left for Europe with all its slots full, repeating a feat...
- Airfreight demand declines in April: AAPA
THE Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) has revealed that airfreight markets 'remained active but were affected by weakening demand',...
- Rate gains help Zim's first quarter losses narrow down by 49pc
AN increase in the average freight rate per TEU carried by Israeli container shipping line, Zim Integrated Shipping Services in the first quarter...
- Asia-Europe rates remain flat at US$827/TEU, USWC unchanged at $1,678/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday were flat at US$827 per TEU
- US trucking suffers most in the US transport virus downturn
US TRUCKING shipments were down 23 per cent year on year in April, according to Cass, with a 16 per cent drop month over month, according to the...
- Yang Ming, HMM post quarterly losses and expect more heavy weather
TAIWAN's Yang Ming and Korea's HMM suffered first quarter losses as the coronavirus took its toll on Chinese volumes, reported IHS Media
- CN revises 2020 outlook after posing 'solid' quarterly results
CANADIAN National Railway (CN) has posted 'solid' first-quarter financial and operating results, despite experiencing rail blockades and the...
- ICTSI net profit falls but Rio saves TEU throughput
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has reported that net profit in the first quarter of the year plunged 18 per cent from US$72
- OOIL sails through Covid-19 with Q1 sales up 5.5pc and volume down slightly
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has announced that...
- Seafarer mental wellbeing during the COVID-19 pandemic
COVID-19 has forced many parts of the world to enforce a lockdown in a bid to flatten the curve in terms of transmissions. In these trying times, the...
- US west coast seaports remain operational albeit at lower demand levels
RUMOURS have been swirling that the US biggest ports were closing after business was dented by the US-China trade war and now rattled by the global...
- Backhaul US, Europe box shipping rates go up, headhaul rates hold constant
A CAPACITY shortage is looming over cargo shipments due to the outbreak of the coronavirus that triggered the cancellation of a stack of fronthaul...
- Maersk loses US$44m in 2019 despite flat liftings of 26.6m TEU
THE Maersk Group lost US$61 million in the fourth quarter of 2019, leading to an overall net loss of $44 million last year
- SIA quarterly profit up 15.7pc to US$226.8 million as revenue rises 3pc
SINGAPORE Airlines' SIA Group posted a 15
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- DP World head sees 'positive signs' despite flat growth in box volume in 2019
DUBAI-BASED port operator DP World announced that it has handled a total of 71
- Coronavirus triggers spate of void sailings as demand dives
CONTAINER shipping lines and freight forwarders are keeping business operations to a minimum through at least the first week of February as...
- Blue Dart loses US$4.65 million in Q3 on back of restructuring initiative
INDIAN express firm Blue Dart has suffered a third-quarter loss of INR330