TERMINAL operators at Los Angeles-Long Beach ports are to increase the traffic mitigation fee (TMF) used to fund night and weekend gates at the port...
- LA-LB terminal operators to put up gate fees by 4.2pc from August 1
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- YTO inks agreement for planned huge Jiaxing air cargo hub
CHINESE express firm YTO's plan for a huge CNY6
- Five ships detained in UK over welfare fears for crew
BRITAIN's Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has made an urgent intervention in the growing crisis over the welfare of 1,500 crew on five cruise...
- Cyprus shipping takes risk-based approach to sanction guidelines!
The US Office of Foreign Assets Control (Ofac) on June 5 issued guidance on sector-based sanctions regarding doing business with Iran contained in...
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- Oil tankers shun Venezuela as bite of US black list law looms
FEAR of US black-listing have turned away oil tankers that were sailing toward Venezuela intent on shipping Venezuelan oil, reports London's...
- Pandemic forces shipowners to shelve scrubber installation
SHIPOWNERS are postponing or cancelling the installation of scrubbers that extract sulphur emissions from their vessels as the coronavirus pandemic...
- China's Canton Fair goes completely online because of Covid-19
THE Canton Fair, the world's largest trade exhibition, that starts this week in Guangzhou will go completely online as China's exporters...
- Exclusive: Oil tankers turn away from Venezuela as more sanctions loom!
Oil tankers that were sailing toward Venezuela have turned around and others have left the country’s waters as the United States considers...
- US sanctions on Iran shipping companies come into effect
US sanctions on a large Iranian shipping company and its subsidiary came into effect on Monday, as relations continued to simmer between Tehran and...
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- BA joins the rest and strips seats in planes to boost cargo capacity
BRITISH Airways (BA) is the latest airline to remove the seats from one of its passenger aircraft in order to boost cargo carrying capacity
- China's May exports fall as coronavirus pandemic hits demand
CHINA's exports declined in May, as demand dried up in major overseas markets hit by the coronavirus pandemic, with experts predicting that...
- Danaos CEO says firm is 'well insulated' from the charter market crash
SHORT-TERM containership charter rates have plunged by up to 40 per cent since the beginning of the year, as ocean carriers rush to off-hire surplus...
- E-commerce airfreight volumes the 'saviour' for last-mile logistics firms
AS much as PPE shipments have become the mainstay for air cargo during the pandemic, e-commerce volumes have also broken records
- Cargo-partner launches new Liege hub to cope with air cargo growth
LOGISTICS firm cargo-partner has opened a new office at Liege airport (LGG) to meet recent demand growth
- Amazon aims to expand air cargo fleet to 200 planes by 2028
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon is working on expanding its Prime Air cargo fleet to encompass 200 planes by 2027 or 2028, reports Bloomberg
- China warns of 'new cold war' as US trade tensions rise
THE prospects of a trade war between China and the western economies have increased rapidly in recent days as Beijing accused the US of pushing...