BOLLORE Logistics of France has expanded its presence in the Nordics with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Swedish company Global Freight...
- Bollore Logistics acquires G Solutions to strengthen Nordic footprint
- Savannah port receives 3 more ship-to-shore cranes
THE Port of Savannah has taken delivery of three neopanamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in...
- New arrivals bring Savannah's crane fleet to 36, most in North America
THE Port of Savannah received three neo-panamax ship-to-shore cranes, bringing its total to 36, more than any other single terminal in North America
- OOCL Rauma loses five containers off Dutch coast
THE Dutch registered container ship OOCL Rauma, operated by JR Ship Management based in Harlingen in northern Netherlands, has lost at least five...
- DSV Panalpina signs new partnership deal with Marimekko fashion
DANISH transport and logistics company DSV Panalpina has signed a new partnership agreement with Finnish fashion brand Marimekko
- Pollution from shipping continues as sector remains outside of Paris accord
GREENHOUSE gas emissions from shipping equal the carbon footprint of a quarter of Europe's total passenger car fleet of 68 million cars
- CEVA Logistics undertakes ground-breaking project in Europe for Ideal Standard
CEVA Logistics, a subsidiary of the CMA CGM Group, has won a multi-year contract to provide logistics services in central and northern Europe from a...
- US to tap US$60 billion war chest to beat out Huawei 5G in LDCs
A NEW agency, called the US International Development Finance Corporation (DFC), plans to tap some of its US$60 billion budget to help lesser...
- CMA CGM ups Asia-Mideast/ Med/ W Africa rates mid-December
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a number of Asia-to-Mideast/Africa rate increases in December, the company announced
- Finnair to boost Helsinki-Sapporo frequency from December 15
FINLAND's flag carrier Finnair is to upgrade its new Japanese Sapporo service to a year-round operation
- DHL Express opens new US$16.6 million Finland gateway terminal
DHL Express Finland has opened a new EUR15 million (US$16
- ONE SEA autonomous ship alliance welcomes Awake.AI
LAUNCHED in Finland in 2016, ONE SEA - the industry alliance bringing together leading exponents of autonomous ship technology - has added Finnish...
- 40th Marintec China will come to Shanghai on December 3-6
THE 40th anniversary celebration of Marintec China will be held at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre from December 3-6
- Order book puts CMA CGM in 2nd place by fleet size behind Maersk
FRENCH shipping line CMA CGM ordered five 15,000-TEU containerships from Jiangshan Shanghai in China in March for a reported US$130 million each
- New ro/ro service between Muuga, Estonia and Finland's Vuosaari
FINNISH ferry company Eckero Line has started a service connecting Vuosaari in Finland with the port of Muuga, where HHLA TK Estonia - a wholly-owned...
- CMA CGM hikes Asia-North Europe rate to $1,150/TEU from August 1
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will raise Asia-North Europe Freight All Kinds (FAK) rates from August 1 to US$1,150 per TEU, $2,200 per FEU, $2,250...
- China's Belt and Road now expected to build 60-mile Tallinn-Helsinki tunnel
THREE Chinese companies are expected to build Tallinn-Helsinki tunnel across Bay of Finland as part of China's Belt and Road Initiative, Reuters...
- Spain's Air Europa expands Nordic GSA role into Finland and Norway
MAJORCA's Air Europa has appointed Nordic GSA as its sales agent covering Finland and Norway, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Dachser expands footprint in Scandinavia with new office in Sweden
GERMAN logistics giant Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is expanding its Scandinavian network with a new office in Gothenburg
- US$5.5 million Flagships to deploy hydrogen vessels in Europe
THE European innovation project Flagships has been awarded EUR5 million (US$5