SOUTH Korea's HMM has held a naming ceremony for the world's largest container ship, the HMM Hamburg, at Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine...
- HMM names world's largest box ship 'HMM Hamburg'
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- Hapag-Lloyd boosts fleet to reduce turn times as BCOs cling to boxes
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd has expanded its container fleet anticipating that more cargo owners will hold onto boxes longer because of the...
- Hapag-Lloyd pursues costs cutting, looking for recovery in Q3
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd is to continue with its cost-cutting drive to manage its way through the coronavirus pandemic, but expects that a...
- Hapag-Lloyd places megamax orders on the back burner
GERMAN shipping giant d Hapag-Lloyd has placed its 23,000 TEU newbuild plans on ice as the liner faces up to the realities of plummeting demand for...
- Air cargo traffic holds steady at Leipzig/Halle airport
GERMANY's Leipzig/Halle airport maintained the same level of freight volumes in the first quarter as in 2019, handling 297,315 tonnes of cargo, a...
- Sea crew change restrictions endanger workers and supply chains
Travel restrictions amid the coronavirus pandemic have left seafarers stranded at sea, at heightened risk of infection, or trapped onshore facing...
- 20pc of US companies in China are back to normal: Chamber survey
TWENTY per cent of American companies in China are back to normal operations after widespread disruptions caused by the coronavirus, according to a...
- Coronavirus prompts retailers to scrap US$1.5 billion of Bangladesh orders
EUROPEAN and American buyers including Primark, the budget fashion chain owned by Associated British Foods, have cancelled about US$1
- Virgin plans new UK-Delhi freighter service in October
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo will launch a new route between Manchester (MAN) and Delhi (DEL) using A330-200 aircraft, with service beginning October 26,...
- FreightWaves expects virus to drive 10pc US-China box import drop
CONTAINER imports into the 10 biggest American ports fell 4
- Shanghai No 1 box port with Singapore as No 2 and Shenzhen as No 3
CHINA boasts seven of the 10 busiest container ports in the world with Shanghai coming in as No 1, Singapore and Shenzhen coming in as No 2 and No 3,...
- Rotterdam's 2019 flat at 469.4m tonnes, boxes up 2.1pc to 14.8m TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam's 2019 cargo throughput remained flat year on year at 469
- Huawei's racketeering charge in US will slow its 5G global penetration
THE US has charged Shenzhen's Huawei Technologies with new racketeering offences, that is intellectual property theft, reported Caixin
- Amazon to build 20,000-square metre cargo hall at Leipzig/Halle airport
AMAZON is expanding its operations at Germany's Leipzig/Halle Airport with the addition of a 20,000-square metre cargo hall to be built in the...
- East coast ports see growth slow to 3-year low in US-China trade war
THE leading ten US east coast ports achieved combined throughput growth of 2
- Cargologic Germany takes off as Leipzig Halle sees cargo growth
CARGOLOGIC Germany has put two aircraft into service, ending a delay to gaining its aircraft operating certificate (AOC)
- Port Technology International selects the 5 top ports in Southeast Asia
LONDON's Port Technology International (PTI) have surveyed the ports of Southeast Asia and have come up with the top five
- PortMiami has now surpassed 1 million TEU for five consecutive years.
FLORIDA's PortMiami container volume increased 3
- Kerry Logistics wins big at Quamnet Outstanding Enterprise Awards
HONG Kong's Kerry Logistics Network Limited has for the fifth year in a row been honoured at the Quamnet Outstanding Enterprise Awards (QOEA)...