INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- SIPG and THE Alliance test fast-track box processing at Yangshan port
SHANGHAI International Port Group (SIPG) and THE Alliance have entered into an agreement to test out onshore container drop-offs for cargoes bound...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Peter Penseel slated to run CEVA Logistics air freight by July
PETER Penseel, on gardening leave from Qatar Airways Cargo, where he was vice president for sales, is expected to replace Peter Baumgartner, senior...
- YTO inks agreement for planned huge Jiaxing air cargo hub
CHINESE express firm YTO's plan for a huge CNY6
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- ZPMC to supply 28 sets of cranes to Hainan Harbour & Shipping
SHANGHAI Zhenhua Heavy Industry (ZPMC) has signed a port crane purchase contract with Hainan Harbour & Shipping for Yangpu Xiaochantan terminal,...
- Container shipping heading for a US$9b annual profit: Sea-Intelligence
DESPITE the significant loss of box volume due to the pandemic, spot rates have soared above year-over-year levels through the second quarter,...
- Cautious optimism as air cargo volumes improve in May
FOLLOWING the extreme Covid-19 impact on air cargo volumes in the month of April, the air cargo market has shown some signs of improvement in May...
- Five ships detained in UK over welfare fears for crew
BRITAIN's Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has made an urgent intervention in the growing crisis over the welfare of 1,500 crew on five cruise...
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- Maersk expects improved second quarter as market demand grows
DANISH shipping giant Maersk, the world largest container carrier, said its second quarter results will be better than its first
- Kenya insists on dry port use over Ugandan objections
THE Kenya Ports Authority (KPA) plans to construct an administration block and create more facilities at the Naivasha dry port as usage of the...
- Oakland May laden box volume down 12.7pc as expected
THE Port of Oakland loaded container volume decreased 12
- Covid-19 spawned ecommerce prompts DHL to add 400 jobs
DHL Express, a leading provider of international express shipping services, is adding 400 new jobs in the United States due to a double-digit volume...
- Cargo, low fuel bright spots in worst year for aviation: IATA
THE year 2020 will go down as the worst financial year in the history of aviation because of the Covid-19 crisis, a fact that justifies an...
- EU won't ally with US against China, foreign policy chief says
THE European Union's foreign policy chief has ruled out a transatlantic alliance against China and dismissed 'systematic rivalry' with...