THE Hamburg Vessel Coordination Centre (HVCC), Wartsila and Carnival have unveiled the benefits of real-time data exchange between ship and port to...
- Hamburg port uses real-time ship data exchange to realise efficiencies
- Hamburg 2019 volume up 6.1pc to 9.3 million TEU as tonnage up 1.1pc
GERMANY's main Port of Hamburg posted a 6
- Freighter conversions all the rage as Boeing wins small aircraft orders
US aircraft manufacturer Boeing Co failed to win any orders for commercial aircraft in January for the first time in over half a century
- Mega-ships ease through Elbe after fairway widening
VESSELS with a combined width of up to 98 metres can now pass each other in a widened section of the Elbe known as the 'passing box' - a...
- Ocean Alliance revises east-west service schedules for greater capacity
THE Ocean Alliance has been making amendments to its Day 4 product on its east-west trade network, with the changes set to be implemented from this...
- Air France KLM has a new head of cargo to succeed Marcel de Nooijer
THE current head of Air France KLM cargo Marcel de Nooijer is to be succeeded by Adriaan den Heijer in January 1, 2020
- Dredging increases Hamburg container volumes 7pc over 9 months
HAMBURG port's container throughput rose by 6
- Port of Hamburg cargo tops all on Northern Range, says port authority
THE Port of Hamburg seaborne cargo increased 3
- How Rotterdam stays on top of the highly competitive Northern Range
Changes that transformed shipping in the last 10 years have done well by the Dutch Port of Rotterdam as prospects grow brighter by the day
- Services to India generated 105,000 TEU for Hamburg in Q1, up 17pc
THE Port of Hamburg's direct services with Indian ports contributed 105,000 TEU in the first half of the year, representing a year-on-year...
- Mixed fortunes but generally world's top 20 container ports achieve growth
SHANGHAI has managed to retain the title of world's busiest sea port for containers, after handling 42 million TEU in 2018, however, its annual...
- Hamburg inland boxes up 20pc, growth hindered by low water on the Elb
THE Port of Hamburg's first quarter inland vessel data from shows a 20 per cent year-on-year increase to 34,640 TEU
- Work to deepen and widen Elbe River's fairway is officially started
THE project to deepen and widen the fairway of the Elbe River officially got underway with the hosting of a groundbreaking ceremony
- 136-yr old German historic sailboat sinks after colliding with containership
THE recently restored historic No 5 Elbe sailing ship sank recently after colliding with the Cyprus-flagged containership Astrosprinter in...
- Hamburg to regain former glory with upgrading of Elbe fairway
IF container throughput is anything to go by, then it appears that the Port of Hamburg has 'something to sell' again, after the German...
- Newly restored 19th-century pilot schooner sinks after collision
Elbe No 5, restored at a cost of €1.5m, collided with container vessel near Hamburg
- Land, air and sea search for faster delivery of China-European containers
WHILE super-size containerships sailing at comparatively low speeds carry international trade between Chinese and European ports at low cost per...
- Liberian 1,574-TEUer in collision near Kiel Canal en route to Gdynia
THE Liberian-flagged 1,574-TEU Calisto veered off fairway and collided with embankment or pier on Elbe at Brunsbuettel near the western entrance to...
- Dutch government looks to buy bigger stake in Air France-KLM in shock move
THE Dutch government's out-of-the-blue decision to acquire a stake in Air France-KLM has raised concerns that competing national interests will...
- Hamburg port loses ground due to hold up of crucial River Elbe dredging
THE 2018 container throughput at the Port of Hamburg dropped for the second year in a row to 8