Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
- Maersk expects improved second quarter as market demand grows
DANISH shipping giant Maersk, the world largest container carrier, said its second quarter results will be better than its first
- Britain's airlines launch legal action over quarantine of new arrivals
MAJOR British airlines have launched a lawsuit against the UK government to end the two-week self-quarantine rule imposed on new arrivals to the UK,...
- Danaos CEO says firm is 'well insulated' from the charter market crash
SHORT-TERM containership charter rates have plunged by up to 40 per cent since the beginning of the year, as ocean carriers rush to off-hire surplus...
- Piraeus aims to be top container port in the Mediterranean
GREECE's port of Piraeus has now become the Mediterranean's top container-handling port, according to officials from the Piraeus Port...
- Rate gains help Zim's first quarter losses narrow down by 49pc
AN increase in the average freight rate per TEU carried by Israeli container shipping line, Zim Integrated Shipping Services in the first quarter...
- China's big automaker profit falls 29pc to US$3.6 billion in 2019
SAIC Motor, the biggest automaker in China, reported a 28
- Yang Ming, HMM post quarterly losses and expect more heavy weather
TAIWAN's Yang Ming and Korea's HMM suffered first quarter losses as the coronavirus took its toll on Chinese volumes, reported IHS Media
- A.P. Moller – Maersk continues to grow profitability while safeguarding global supply chains
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic’s profound impact on global trade the company kept momentum in its strategic transformation and demonstrated...
- Baltic Exchange launches new ship operating expenses assessment for LNG and LPG tankers
The Baltic Exchange has added quarterly assessments (GOPEX) on the cost of operating LNG and LPG tankers to its growing suite of shipping investor...
- British seafarers falling through Government's Covid-19 financial support net
'UK seafarers unable to work due to Covid-19 should be able to access the government financial support made available to other British workers' says...
- Cosco Ship Holdings' net profit plunges 57pc in Q1 due to Covid-19
COSCO Ship Holdings and China International Marine Containers, both subsidiaries of the Cosco group, posted lower earnings for the first quarter of...
- Cargolux revenues and net profits suffer blow in 2019
CARGOLUX says its full-year results for 2019 show that revenue plunged 14 per cent to US$2
- Drewry Maritime Financial Insight: Shipping Facing the Pandemic Crisis Effect
Container shipping: Container shipping stock prices have been in full retreat with early March witnessing a market storm as stock markets around the...
- Hapag-Lloyd profit up 22.6pc to US$168 million as revenues rise 3pc
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd's net profit increased 22
- DP World's 2019 profits tumble 8.3pc to US$1.2b after acquisitions
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered an 8
- K+N's 2019 earnings are up 3.6pc to US$830m as sea freight remains strong
THE Kuehne + Nagel group saw a considerable improvement in its results in 2019, with net turnover up 1
- ICTSI net profit plunges 52pc despite rises in revenue and box volume
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services Inc (ICTSI) has posted a net profit of US$100
- UPS gets the green light on US$216m expansion at Memphis airport
THE Memphis Shelby County Airport Authority yesterday approved a sixth amendment to UPS' lease agreement with Memphis International Airport (MEM)...
- PSA International net earnings edge up 3.4pc while revenues slip 0.2 pc in 2019
SINGAPORE's PSA International expanded its 2019 net profit by 3