REPATRIATION is long overdue for about 80,000 Filipino seafarers who are stranded in ships worldwide with their work contracts expired and unable to...
- Repatriation required for 80,000 Filipino seafarers stranded in ships
- Covid-19 cuts Spanish bunker sales 26pc, box ships suffer less
BUNKER sales fell by more than a quarter in Spanish ports in April as Covid-19 lockdowns weighed heavily on demand, reports London's Argus Media,...
- Cosco Ship Holdings' net profit plunges 57pc in Q1 due to Covid-19
COSCO Ship Holdings and China International Marine Containers, both subsidiaries of the Cosco group, posted lower earnings for the first quarter of...
- US regulations will hold back cargo delivery by drone, says Frost & Sullivan
AERIAL drone growth from 2019 to 2023 will increase to 2
- Chinese ports enter coronavirus recovery phase: CMA CGM
THE world's fourth largest container shipping line by market share, CMA CGM, has said cargo traffic at major Chinese ports is recovering after...
- Hong Kong exports plunged even before coronavirus showed its full impact
HONG KONG total outbound shipments in January plunged 23 per cent from a year earlier, far worse than the 3
- WorldACD's December data ends year with 1.7pc fall in cargo volume
THERE is little to cheer about in the WorldACD (Air Cargo Data) report about the impact of 2019's challenging political economic conditions...
- Light fuel oil blends emerge in Singapore that can clog ship engines
LIGHTER fuel oil blends that may be derived from blending with waxy diesel oil that can result in excessive sludge have surfaced in Singapore's...
- Delta's Q4 cargo revenue drops 13pc, but 2019 total revenue up
DELTA Air Line's operating revenue for cargo operations declined by 13 per cent in the fourth quarter to US$187 million and to $753 million for...
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 2.9pc in Dec to 177,561 tonnes
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried 177,561 tonnes of cargo and mail in December month, a decrease of 2
- AIR cargo volumes in Africa surged 12.6 pc in October, outperforming rest of world
ACCORDING to data compiled by the International Air Transport Association (IATA), globally airfreight volumes dropped by 3
- Ship operating costs spike on repair maintenance, insurance
SHIP operating costs are forecast to increase at a similar pace next year on the 'hardening' of the insurance market before falling in...
- Crude price falls as Trump signals long wait for US-China trade deal
OIL slipped below US$56 a barrel US President Donald Trump said there may be a long wait for a trade agreement with China, reported Bloomberg
- Trump urges Boris, Farage to team up and drop the EU-approved deal
US President Donald Trump has urged British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and Brexit party leader Nigel Farage to join forces in the December 12...
- Samudera Shipping posts net loss of US$479,000 as revenues fall 23pc
SINGAP0RE-based feeder line Samudera Shipping has posted a third quarter year-on-year net loss of US$479,000, drawn on revenues of $89
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 4.4pc in September to 172,637 tonnes
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon announced that its September cargo volume declined 4
- DHL's global trade barometer drops down to 47 into negative zone
The DHL Global Trade Barometer (GTB) has fallen by one point overall to 47, indicating slightly negative growth
- Container rate weakness will continue into Q4: Alphaliner forecast
ANALYST Alphaliner has forecast that spot container shipping rates will continue to subside in the coming weeks following a tepid peak shipping...
- Cathay group cargo volume drops 14pc in August to 161,394 tonnes
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon declared that its August cargo volume declined 14 per cent year on year to 161,394 tonnes
- Moody's sees US railways suffering 5.5pc revenue loss as coal use falls
CURRENT declines in US coal production, battered by cheap natural gas, stand to cost railways US$5 billion, according Moody's Investment Service