CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics suffered a year-on-year second quarter net loss of US$57 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- XPO Logistics revenues hit by Covid, but stays upbeat and bullish
- ZIM starts new 'speedy' S China-LA service to cater for e-commerce
ISRAEL's Zim Line is to capitalise on the burgeoning e-commerce sector with a new, fast direct service connecting South China ports with Los...
- Mombasa to receive 17 new box carriers to boost handling capacity
THE Port of Mombasa is to take delivery of 17 new container carriers that will be able to discharge 9,700 TEU and load 11,817 TEU
- India sneers at Amazon's US$1b investment as resentment grows
THE Indian government has scoffed at Amazon
- 'K' Line posts US$3.01 million net loss for the first nine months of 2019,
JAPAN's Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha, or 'K' Line, posted a year-on-year net loss of JPY331
- Trump boasts trade pact with China, but some say it's too little, too late
US President Donald Trump has signed the first phase of a new trade agreement with China after two years of tension between the two nations that have...
- IMO 2020 to push up box ship fuel bill hike of US$12-20b
AGAINST a market backdrop of weakening demand growth and mounting operational costs, trade wars and fuel surcharges are set to dominate container...
- Container lines to grow organically following consolidation wave: DNV GL
THE director of business development and executive vice president of DNV GL, Jan Olaf Probst, has said that the current ecosystem in the container...
- Full Truck Alliance plans to dominate the China's truck-sharing market
CALLED China's Uber-for-trucks, the startup Full Truck Alliance (FTA) plans to dominate the national truck-sharing market, reports Bloomberg
- Panama Canal ends 2019 fiscal year with record tonnage, up 6.2pc
THE Panama Canal ended its 2019 fiscal year with a record tonnage of 469 million Panama Canal tons (PC/UMS), a year-on-year 6
- TPM Asia focuses on IMO 2020 and how to cope with new fuel rule
ANXIETY was expressed by delegates and speakers at Shenzhen's annual TPM Asia shipping conference about the costs and impact of IMO 2020, the...
- Logistical headache in Vietnam with booming air freight exports to US
VIETNAM's booming exports to the US are causing a logistical headache for freighter operators as the trade gap between the two countries...
- India's cargo carrier SpiceXpress plans IPO, hopes to list within year
INDIAN budget carrier SpiceJet plans an initial public offering (IPO) of its logistics business, banking on the growth of its role in the booming...
- Burning Amazon jungle part of plot to dominate world: commodities fund
BRAZILIAN farmers are converting rainforest to farmland partly to meet China's growing demand for soybeans that China had been sourcing from the...
- Yilport Puerto Bolivar to have 4 mobile harbour cranes in November
YILPORT Holding's Puerto Bolivar terminal in Ecuador is adding two mobile harbour cranes that will raise the number of such cranes in operation...
- Ocean shipping will be able to ride out a global recession: report
SIGNS of an impending global recession are piling up with a world map littered with potential economic and geopolitical crises
- Singapore Airlines challenges Emirates and Etihad's dominance in India
SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) has just picked a fight with Emirates in a grab for India's international travellers, and a slice of one the world's...
- Alphaliner: Box ship fleet will be dominated by mega ship orders
GROWTH of the global containership fleet will continue to be led by mega ships with demand for small vessels on a downwards trajectory
- Li & Fung sees much to be happy about in Sino-American trade war
LI & FUNG, the world's largest supplier of consumer goods from China, is strangely optimistic about the outcome and its role in the Sino-American...
- FedEx offers discounts to lure online customers
FEDEX Corp is seeking to attract online merchants with significant discounts as it looks to adjust its delivery system to cope with the boom in...