SINGAPORE-BASED under pressure Pacific International Lines (PIL) continues to divest itself of tonnage to help pay bills
- PIL unloads another three box ships to stay afloat
- EU Commission clears Alstom's takeover of Bombardier Transportation
CANADIAN plane and train maker Bombardier and French Alstom train maker have welcomed the European Commission's decision to accept the...
- Chem giant Dow set to sell ports, marine terminals, storage, rail facilities
AMERICAN chemical giant Dow Inc is exploring the sale of its ports on the US Gulf Coast and six railway hubs as it refocuses on chemicals, reports...
- LA, Long Beach ports levy box fee to finance cleaner truck fuel
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach plan to introduce a Clean Truck Fee (CTF) to bring new clean vehicles into the system and provide a fund to...
- XPO to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics plans to acquire Kuehne + Nagel's UK contract logistics unit
- Neptune Pacific Line buys Singapore's PIL subsidiary Pacific Direct Line
NEPTUNE Pacific Line (Neptune), which provides container shipping services in the Pacific between Australia, New Zealand and Fiji, has acquired...
- Coronavirus triggers spate of void sailings as demand dives
CONTAINER shipping lines and freight forwarders are keeping business operations to a minimum through at least the first week of February as...
- Mundra's Adani buys Chennai's erstwhile rival Krishnapatnam
INDIA's biggest private deepwater port on the eastern coast, Krishnapatnam, is being sold by the CVR Group to Adani Ports for INR55 billion...
- EVA Airways Q3 profit dives to US$41m on back of weak cargo demand
TAIWAN's EVA Airways Corp's third quarter net profit halved to NTD1
- OOIL closes Long Beach terminal sale forced for national security reasons
COSCO-owned Orient Overseas (International) Limited (OOIL) has completed the sale of the Long Beach container terminal in California to a consortium...
- COSCO Shipping Ports sells stakes in three terminals to SIPG for US$150m
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has agreed to sell its stakes in three Chinese terminals to Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) for a...
- US DOT head probed for alleged abuse of power to benefit relatives
US Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Elaine Chao is to be investigated by the US House of Representatives' Committee on Oversight and...
- Much talk abounds of South Korea's two major shipbuilders merging
RUMOURS about the potential merger of South Korea's two shipbuilders are circulating thick and fast, says London's Lloyd's List
- Shipment at SOCAR Terminal exceeds 280,000 TEU on eastern Aegean
THE volume of shipments at SOCAR Terminal stood at 280,276,634 TEU, said Trendreports
- Box shipping to emerge 'unscathed' in push for de-carbonisation
THE fossil fuel cargo base that the shipping industry serves would undergo an aggressive and prolonged transformation in the event that the Paris...
- SATS eyes US$731.1 million in fresh investments over three years
SATS, formerly Singapore Airport Terminal Services, is targetting about S$1 billion (US$731
- Hong Kong airport's Q1 dives 5.4pc to 1.1 million tons after flat March
HONG KONG International Airport (HKIA) recorded just 0
- Maersk builds on transportation logistics and unwinds its energy business
THE chairman of the board of directors for Maersk, Jim Snabe, has revealed at the company's annual general meeting that the group is pressing...
- Asia Pacific Airlines say cargo demand dives 12pc in February
DATA published by the Association of Asia Pacific Airlines (PA) shows that closure of businesses during the Lunar New Year worsened the prevailing...
- The annual IMO Awards ceremony will be held
The annual IMO Awards ceremony will be held on 6 December 2018 at IMO Headquarters in London.