US Richmond, Virginia-headquartered niche carrier Independent Container Line (ICL) has announced plans to include the port of Cork on its North...
- ICL will make new call at Ireland's Port of Cork
- Irish ground handlers seek state support to handle medical equipment
IRELAND's import and export cargo, including needed medical equipment, could be put at risk unless the government provides 'urgent and...
- Small abandoned cargo ship drifts across Atlantic onto Irish shores
THE 1,640-dwt Panamanian-flagged MV Alta, abandoned in October 2018 after the crew was rescued southeast of Bermuda, has reappeared washed up on the...
- Port of Cork assembles two Liebherr cranes for new container terminal
PORT Cork has taken delivery of two Liebherr post-Panamax ship-to-shore (STS) container gantry cranes for the Cork Container Terminal (CCT) in...
- Ireland's port of Cork prepares for Brexit by doubling size of customs facilities
IRELAND's port of Cork has doubled the size of its customs facilities in a bid to shorten processing times at the border, in the event the United...
- Irish port prepares for Brexit by boosting customs facilities
THE Port of Cork in Ireland has doubled the size of its customs facilities to reduce processing times at the border in the event the UK leaves the EU...
- Court ruling permits Michigan consumers to order wine from other US states
A US federal judge in Michigan has ruled that a state ban on direct-to-consumer wine shipping from out-of-state is unconstitutional, allowing...
- €10 million cocaine haul destined for Ireland found in fruit cargo at Costa Rica port
Gardai are involved in a massive international hunt for the drug traffickers who attempted to import a giant €10m Kinahan haul of cocaine from...
- Medevac off Wexford
A sick passenger was airlifted off the 'Celebrity Eclipse' in a dramatic helicopter operation off the Wexford coast
- Irish food would be spoiled if post-Brexit shipping route made permanent
HAULIERS are warning that the European Union's proposed new shipping routes from Ireland to Belgium and the Netherlands after Brexit would...
- Freighter suffered engine failure
The 'Hekla', en route from Klaipeda to Cork with a ccrew of eight on board, carrying 3
- Largest ever container ship to berth in Cork brings millions of bananas
The largest container ship to ever berth in the Port of Cork's deepwater terminal unloaded a mega cargo of fruit - including millions of bananas
- Port of Cork commences €80m Cork Container Terminal development in Ringaskiddy
he Port of Cork marked a major milestone for the company today with the launch of the new Cork Container Terminal development in Ringaskiddy
- Leak at engine coupling
The “Moseldijk”, en route from Ghent to Cork, with a crew of seven on board, reported a small leak and a need to change a rubber coupling on the...
- Hamburg Sud to make changes to its EMCS service
HAMBURG-HEADQUARTERED shipping line, Hamburg Sud, owned by Danish giant Maersk Line following its acquisition late last year, is revising its EMCS...
- Cargo ship disabled in Dover Strait
The 'Rachel', en route from Antwerp to Cork with seven people on board, suffered a water leakage in the engine room in the southwest bound lane of...
- Boxboat Begins New Sea Service
Boxboat Begins New Sea Service
- Two injured in collision off Ostend
Two injured in collision off Ostend
- Giant cranes readied in Cork for voyage to Puerto Rico
Giant cranes readied in Cork for voyage to Puerto Rico
- Patrol boat to be auctioned
Patrol boat to be auctioned