SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
- Multiple Boxship Firms are Achieving IMO 2030 Target a Decade Early
On Friday, Greek shipowner Danaos Shipping joined the growing ranks of container ship companies that have announced that they are already compliant...
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Port of Marseille Fos to invest US$64.5 million to promote recovery
THE Port of Marseille Fos posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decline in overall cargo volume in the first half while container throughput fell 17 per...
- Malaysian port community win financial breaks to ease Covid-19 impact
LOGISTICS concerns in Port Klang are receiving support with a slew of financial incentives and initiatives as they recover from the Covid-19...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- OOCL wins environmental Gold Award from the HKAEE for the fourth time
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has once again received the gold trophy in the 2019 Hong Kong Awards for...
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Kalmar wins mega reachstacker order from Australian logistics firm
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has received a significant order for ten Kalmar Eco reachstackers, five empty container handlers and one medium...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$920/TEU, USWC off 4.7pc at $2,783/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22