Twelve Vietnamese seafarers, including the captain, have been stranded in Malaysian waters in deplorable conditions since they started work aboard...
- Desperate for a lifeline!
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- WFS pharma volume increases after widespread facilities investment
PARIS-BASED groundhandler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has seen 'significant increases' in time- and temperature-sensitive volumes in the...
- DP World purchases major stake in TIS Yuzhny port's box terminal
DUBAI's DP World has completed its acquisition of a 51 per cent stake in TIS Container Terminal in the Ukrainian Port of Yuzhny, 50 kilometres...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Ships look to replace exhausted seafarers as ports slowly open
SHIP captain Ravi Nagar hasn't seen his wife and 3-year-old son in eight months due to Covid-19 and has been stuck on a tanker shuttling between...
- Oil tankers carrying two months of Venezuelan output stuck at sea
Tankers carrying nearly two months’ worth of Venezuelan oil output are stuck at sea as global refiners shun the nation’s crude to avoid...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- FAA releases plan to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes
THE Federal Aviation Administration (F) released a multi-stepped plan on how to review aircraft designs after two fatal crashes on Boeing...
- Auckland port keeps shore leave ban for overseas cargo ship crews
Cargo ship crew arriving in Auckland from overseas ports are being told to stay on board their vessel to prevent the potential spread of Covid-19.
- Frankfurt Airport cargo runs at full speed during the crisis
- Port of Savannah commissions first 9 of 18 Mason Mega Rail tracks
GEORGIA Ports Authority (GPA) has reached a milestone by putting put into operation the first nine of 18 new working tracks, with its first two...