HELSINKI, Finland-headquartered Cargotec has completed the sale of its share of the joint venture Rainbow-Cargotec Industries Co Ltd (RCI) in China
- Cargotec unloads 49pc share in China joint venture
- Piraeus aims to be top container port in the Mediterranean
GREECE's port of Piraeus has now become the Mediterranean's top container-handling port, according to officials from the Piraeus Port...
- Cargo-partner launches new Liege hub to cope with air cargo growth
LOGISTICS firm cargo-partner has opened a new office at Liege airport (LGG) to meet recent demand growth
- Forwarders look to other modes to ease China air cargo congestion
EXPEDITORS and DSV Panaplina have both been promoting alternatives to air cargo, such as road, rail and express ocean, as an option out of China in...
- Cargo operations continue as LATAM files for bankruptcy protection
SOUTH American operator LATAM Airlines Group, along with some of its affiliates, is filing for US Chapter 11 creditor protection in order to...
- US Q1 containerised agricultural exports up 13pc
US agricultural exports increased 12
- DSME enhances status as leading smart ship builder, delivering largest box ship
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering (DSME) has recently delivered a 24,000 TEU super container ship equipped with its own...
- HMM Oslo heads for Europe with a full load of 19,504 containers
SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Merchant Marine's (HMM) second 24,000 TEU ship the HMM Oslo has left for Europe with all its slots full, repeating a feat...
- Qatar Petroleum signs $19 billion shipbuilding agreements with Korean companies
Exploration work in the expanded North Field mega project showed confirmed gas reserves there exceed 1,760 trillion cubic feet, Kaabi said in...
- Geodis deploys Antonov AN-124 aircraft to deliver 13m masks to US
FREIGHT forwarder Geodis has transported 13 million masks from China to the US utilising an Antonov AN-124, the world's second largest aircraft
- Lufthansa Group obtains US$9.9b in financial support
LUFTHANSA Group has secured approval from the federal German government's economic stabilisation fund, WSF, for a EUR9 billion (US$9
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding inks US$78m container feeders contract
CHINA's Yangzijiang Shipbuilding has signed a shipbuilding contract for four 1,000TEU container feeders worth a total of UD$77
- PIL seeks lifeline from Temasek Investment to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED Pacific International Lines is in talks with an arm of the Lion City's sovereign-wealth fund Temasek Holdings over a potential...
- JD.com re-introduces air cargo service from Shenzhen to Wuxi
BEIJING-HEADQUARTERED online marketplace JD
- Amazon aims to expand air cargo fleet to 200 planes by 2028
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon is working on expanding its Prime Air cargo fleet to encompass 200 planes by 2027 or 2028, reports Bloomberg
- China warns of 'new cold war' as US trade tensions rise
THE prospects of a trade war between China and the western economies have increased rapidly in recent days as Beijing accused the US of pushing...
- Yang Ming builds new smart 2,800 TEU container vessels
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp says its ten 2,800 TEU container vessels, currently being constructed by CSBC, will receive Smart Ship...
- Grim economic outlook for global box cargo shipping sector: Drewry
ANALYSTS from UK-based shipping consultancy Drewry have warned that the devastating disruption to trade and the subsequent shock to global economies...
- FIRST GLOBAL STANDARD FOR SHIP HULL CLEANING ESSENTIAL FOR MARINE ECOSYSTEMS
BIMCO, the world’s largest shipping association, has moved a step closer to finishing a global set of guidelines needed to protect the marine...
- What has the industry done to tackle this? What else is needed?
Caitlin Vaughan, Project Manager at ISWAN, shares her thoughts on the maritime industry’s approach to seafarers’ mental health and why it is so...