THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Internet first: Mission to Seafarers online global Sea Sunday Service
THE Mission to Seafarers has announced that its annual Sea Sunday celebrations will be broadcast online, connecting seafarers around the world during...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- CEVA Logistics wins new spare parts contract with Volkswagen in Brazil
CEVA Logistics has contracted with Volkswagen for the operation of the company's auto spares centre at Vinhedo in Brazil has been extended
- BIFA offers free bitesize training for young forwarders
THE British International Freight Association's (BIFA) next event following the relaunch of its Young Forwarder Network (YFN) online will feature...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- Italy migrant crisis!
Italy migrant crisis: 180 migrants allowed off rescue ship
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- Indonesia industrial park to spearhead bid to lure China supply chains
INDONESIA plans to build one of its largest industrial parks on the north coast of Java island in a renewed drive to attract manufacturers relocating...
- Cases of suicide at sea leap as details of key crew change summit emerge
July 9 is the date for the UK-convened summit on crew changes, which will engage stakeholders from across the world, including maritime, aviation,...
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Covid-19 pandemic expedites ANA Cargo's digital expansion
JAPAN's All Nippon Airways' (ANA) cargo capacity is now available on the cargo
- DHL orders three B767 conversions from Israel's IAI
ISRAEL Aerospace Industries (IAI) has clinched a contract to convert an additional three B767-300 aircraft for DHL
- US-China trade deal impacted by Covid-19 as bilateral trade slows
CHINA and the US have committed to fulfilling phase one their trade deal since the outbreak the Covid-19 pandemic, analysts have a recent decline in...
- Launch capsize in Buriganga: 32 bodies recovered so far
Rescue workers recovered the bodies of 32 people after a launch carrying over 100 passengers capsized in Buriganga river at Dhaka's Shyambazar this...
- Qatar Cargo volume boosted by bellyhold and freighter operations
QATAR Airways Cargo has continued to head the market in April as volumes hit 900 million cargo tonne kilometres (CTK), according to IATA data,...
- Montreal port continues steady growth with TEU record
THE Port of Montreal's revenues in 2019 increased by 5 per cent as it saw growth across its segments, including a record TEU throughput and...
- LA's APM Terminals Pier 400 sets new world box-handling record
THE Port of Los Angeles' APM Terminals Pier 400 has handled a record-setting 18,465 container moves from the 23,656 TEU MSC Isabella, the largest...
- Air France offers employees voluntarily buyouts to cut overhead
AIR France is offering incentives to 8,300 staffers who voluntarily quit to cut costs without causing a political backlash, Bloomberg reports