SAN FRANCISCO Bay area Richmond city council has voted to impose a ban on coal, targeting a terminal that handles about a quarter of exports from the...
- San Francisco Bay area town votes to shut main US coal export terminal
- Oil refiners gear up to supply marine fuel compliant with IMO2020
GLOBAL oil refiners have revamped processing units and adjusted operations to boost output of low sulphur fuels and marine gasoil (MGO) to meet the...
- Port of Hamburg cargo tops all on Northern Range, says port authority
THE Port of Hamburg seaborne cargo increased 3
- Swire Coke chief Patrick Healy named Cathay Pacific chairman
SWIRE Coca-Cola managing director Patrick Healy, has been designated chairman Cathay Pacific Airways Limited, the announced Cathay's Corporate...
- Prince Rupert sees cargo volume up 10pc but revenue dips 4pc
CARGO moving through the Port of Prince Rupert rose to a record volume of 26
- Biggest ever drug bust - 15 tonnes of coke seized in MSC ship in Philadelphia
US CUSTOMS in the Port of Philadelphia have seized 15
- Canadian ports led by Prince Rupert outperform USWC rivals
THE volume of cargo handled via Canada's west coast ports grew at a faster rate than that achieved by their American counterparts between 2017...
- Female Chinese Coca-Cola researcher charged with stealing Coke secrets
CHINESE researcher You Xiaorong, who worked as a scientist for Atlanta's Coca-Cola has been arrested on charges of stealing company secrets to...
- Beijing hopeful of breakthrough in latest US-China talks
OFFICIALS in China have expressed tentative optimism about making a breakthrough in its trade dispute with the United States as the two sides resumed...
- Rotterdam up 6pc to10,780,204 TEU, imports up 10pc, exports off 8pc
THE Port of Rotterdam increased year-to-date container throughput 5
- €10 million cocaine haul destined for Ireland found in fruit cargo at Costa Rica port
Gardai are involved in a massive international hunt for the drug traffickers who attempted to import a giant €10m Kinahan haul of cocaine from...
- Barge damaged by fire
Barge damaged by fire
- Prince Rupert box traffic rises 26pc while overall cargo falls 4.8pc
THE Port of Prince Rupert in British Columbia handled a record 776,412 TEU in 2015, representing a year-on-year increase of 26 per cent.
- Russian-backed rebel rockets kill 30 Ukrainians in Sea of Azov port city
ROCKETS struck the Ukrainian port city of Mariupol, killing 30 civilians, in the first attack since both sides took up dug-in positions last year.
- India to turn big importer of iron ore in FY15
After losing its status as the third-largest exporter of iron ore a couple of years ago, India is likely to turn a big importer of the key...
- Western Australia Selling Terminals to Cut Debts
The Western Australia’s State Government will among other assets sell port handling facilities in Port Hedland and Kwinana in the first round of...
- Turkey's 2013 thermal coal imports fall 12% on year to 20.87 mil mt
Turkey's thermal coal imports in 2013 dropped 12% year on year to 20.873 million mt, due to a drop in both Russian and US volumes, data from the...
- WWII ship a hit for school trips, takes in more than 15000 visitors - The Independent
WWIIshipa hit for school trips, takes in more than 15000 visitorsThe IndependentASHLAND— Holding up a piping diagram and pointing to a plumbing...
- South Carolina posts profit up 3pc to US$13 million as revenue rises 7pc
SOUTH CAROLINA's Port of Charleston has posted a year-on-year nine per cent increase in container traffic to 1.5 million TEU in the fiscal year...
- Turkey's ferrous scrap imports tick up slightly as US major sells cargo
A Turkish electric arc furnace producer booked a deepsea cargo of ferrous scrap above the last premium sale of heavy melting scrap