AUSTRALIAN for agri-filled freighter flights - but importers face capacity constraints on ocean freight, reports London's Loadstar
- Australian agri-exporter in for extra round of Canberra subsidies
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Australian note air cargo moves toward structural recovery in June
PERSONAL protective equipment shipments volumes faded, but global air cargo volumes in June provided the first real indicators of the sector's...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Iskenderun Ship Management Expands Its Fleet!
İskenderun Ship Management announced that a new ship was bought by shipowner Engineer İbrahim Mazman and his family to be operated within the...
- DP World purchases major stake in TIS Yuzhny port's box terminal
DUBAI's DP World has completed its acquisition of a 51 per cent stake in TIS Container Terminal in the Ukrainian Port of Yuzhny, 50 kilometres...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- Schiphol needs more comprehensive look at slots for freighters
GATEWAYS like Amsterdam Schiphol Airport should secure sufficient slots for freighters as they are poised to shoulder a disproportionately high...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September