MAERSK is positioning itself deeper into the Indian hinterlands to connect beneficial cargo owners (BCOs) searching for low-cost access to global...
- Maersk reaches into India's interior with new rail offering
- China's African Madaraka Express railway blunts Covid-19 impact
THE Chinese-built and operated Madaraka Express that runs 300 miles on the new standard gauge railway between Mombasa and Nairobi, has been credited...
- China Jan-Feb imports and exports down as virus batters trade and business
CHINA's exports contracted sharply in the first two months of the year, and imports declined, as the coronavirus outbreak caused massive...
- Port of Houston up 11pc container volume in 2019 to 2,987,291 TEU
THE Port of Houston posted an 11 per cent year-on-year increase in container throughput in 2019 to 2,987,291 TEU making it the fastest growing box...
- Damco anticipates air cargo sector to pick up in second half 2020
THE US-China trade war has been blamed for the slump in air freight volumes last year by Damco's global head of air freight, Ferwin Wieringa
- Asia-Europe rate off 1.9pc to US$688/TEU, USWC dips 4.1pc to $1,649/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday declined by a further 1
- Asia-Europe rate off 2.1pc to US$701/TEU, USWC soars 24.5pc to $1,720/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday fell 2
- E-comm, pharma, perishables cushion air cargo in downturns: IATA
GROWING e-commerce volumes as well as pharma products and perishables give the air cargo sector a cushion of resilence in times of economic...
- New Orleans sets container volume record of 591,253 TEU in 2018
THE Port of New Orleans (NOLA) moved an all-time high of 591,253 TEU last year, an increase of 12
- Vietnam's Cai Mep port handles 2.4m TEU buoyed by MSC business
SOUTHERN Vietnam's Cai Mep port complex saw container volumes rise by 21 per cent in the first 10 months of the year to 2
- Xi-Trump meet: Forbes polls fellow capitalists, finds mood positive
STILL suspicious, but buoyed by an upturn in the Chinese stock market after the Trump-Xi trade talks at the G20 summit, China trade watchers...
- Fraport profit up 10pc to US$432.1 million acre revenues rise 14.3pc
MULTIPLE airport owners Frankfurt-based Fraport posted a year-to-date 10 per cent net profit increase to EUR377
- US recyclables find markets after ban, but nothing to match loss of China
US PIERS data shows that exports of recyclable waste has found to new markets, but nothing to match the China market that was forcibly shut down by...
- 'K' Line posts US$124 million annual net loss as revenue falls 16.9pc
JAPANESE shipping giant Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha ("K" Line) has declared an annual net loss of JPN139 billion (US$124 million) drawn on revenues of...
- Sewol fully emerged from the water on deck of White Marlin
Sewol fully emerged from the water on deck of White Marlin
- Baltic index hits over 3-month peak on capesize rally
The Baltic Exchange’s main sea freight index, tracking rates for ships carrying dry bulk commodities, rose to an over three-month high on Thursday,...
- A disorientated pilot caused collision in December 2016
A disorientated pilot caused collision in December 2016
- Baltic Dry Index Market Buoyed in 2016 By Increased Demand, Accelerated Ship Scrapping
The Baltic Dry Index had a wild year in 2016, plunging to a record low of 290 points in February amid concerns that China’s economy was headed for...
- NOL posts US$707 million profit buoyed by $888 million APL Logistics sale
SINGAPORE's Neptune Orient Lines (NOL) posted a net profit of US$707 million in 2015 against a year on year net loss of $260 million, which would...
- New Orleans box throughput surges 13pc to record 537,285 TEU
THE Port of New Orleans handled a record 537,285 TEU over the 12-month period through September, representing a year-on-year increase of 13.6 per...