US and European Union officials say they want to move rapidly to replace the head of the World Trade Organisation after director-general Roberto...
- US, European officials to move quickly to replace departing WTO leader
- Port of Santos enjoys best-ever Q1 box volume with a 15pc surge
BRAZIL's Port of Santos reported its best first quarter in history with a 15
- Too big for Buenos Aires shallows, ships find deeper water via cabotage
DIVERSIFIED Brazilian shipping group Wilson, Son, has received a major boost as mega ships bring more cargo to its two terminals because today's...
- Evergreen to start new service from ICTSI Argentina to Asian ports
TECPLATA, the operator of the container terminal located in Puerto La Plata, has inked an agreement with Taiwan's Evergreen Marine Corp to launch...
- China Merchants brings in investors to expand its Brazilian terminal
CHINA Merchants has sold a total of 22
- Delta's Q4 cargo revenue drops 13pc, but 2019 total revenue up
DELTA Air Line's operating revenue for cargo operations declined by 13 per cent in the fourth quarter to US$187 million and to $753 million for...
- Abu Dhabi's Khalifa Port and KIZAD men stage road show in Brazil
ABU BI's Khalifa Port now has a handling capacity of 2
- US fines Samsung Heavy Industries US$75 million for bribery
SOUTH KOREA's Samsung Heavy Industries has agreed to pay US$75
- LATAM Cargo transports two bears across Brazil
LATAM Cargo Brazil has transported two bears from Fortaleza to Sao Paulo, where they will be taken to a wildlife sanctuary
- China's swine flu loss is South America's gain as beef export volumes soar
CHINA is expected to increase Uruguayan beef imports through the end of 2020 as it copes with African swine fever, says Uruguay's biggest...
- Ex-APTM Brazil head to take the helm at Brasil Terminal Portuario
THE largest terminal in the Brazilian Port of Santos, Brasil Terminal Portuario (BTP), has appointed the previous managing director of APM Terminals...
- Brazil goes on an auction spree to privatise six sea port terminals in Para
BRAZIL has sold through auction six port terminals in the northern state of Para to private operators for US$115
- While merging with CMA CGM, CEVA renews Brazilian automaker deal
SWISS 3PL CEVA Logistics has a new contract with longtime partner, Brazil-based Fiat Chrysler Automotive (FCA), to manage the company's...
- Kerry Logistics boosts presence in S America partnering Brazil's Nelson Heusi
KERRY Logistics and Brazilian supply chain specialist Nelson Heusi Group have entered into a partnership to bolster Kerry's operations in South...
- Azul chooses Globe Air Cargo (GAC) as its GSSA in Argentina
BRAZILIAN airline Azul Linhas Aereas has appointed Globe Air Cargo (GAC) Argentina, an ECS Group subsidiary, as its general sales and services agent...
- Rotterdam port sees box traffic rise to record 14.5 million TEU
THE Port of Rotterdam Authority saw 469 million tonnes of cargo pass through its gates in 2018, just beating the record set in 2017
- Buenos Aires spends US$2 billion to rival Uruguayan, Brazilian ports
THE Port of Buenos Aires has announced a US$2 billion modernisation programme to increase capacity to 2
- Panama Canal inks deal with Itaqui port to ship grains from Brazil to Asia
THE Panama Canal has inked a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the port of Itaqui, situated in northeast Brazil, to promote the shipment of...
- Fraport profit up 10pc to US$432.1 million acre revenues rise 14.3pc
MULTIPLE airport owners Frankfurt-based Fraport posted a year-to-date 10 per cent net profit increase to EUR377
- Possibilities abound for container transshipment cooperation led by China
CHINA and India could benefit greatly through port cooperation and allowing more of a free market to prevail in international shipping, according to...