SAUDI's King Abdulaziz Port in Dammam has set a new record for any Saudi port on the Persian Gulf by handling 12,691 TEU in a single call,...
- Saudi Global Ports in Dammam sets new single ship call handling record
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Legal issues arising from use of tankers as floating storage
In recent years, international oil markets have witnessed collapsing oil prices as a result of an excess in supply and a corresponding decrease in...
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port to introduce a new 330-metre container berth
NINGBO-ZHOUSHAN is adding a new 70,000 tonne-class 330-metre container berth into operation in July with an annual handling capacity of 620,000 TEU
- ESPO AND FEPORT URGE MEMBER STATES TO ENABLE CREW CHANGES IN ALL PORTS
Ever since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, all European ports have been fully operational and continue to do everything they can to fulfil...
- China's Port of Fuzhou expands box handling with 2 new berths
THE southern Port of Fuzhou in Fujian province has finished the build of two new berths within the Songxia port area
- China's port reefer logjam eases as Beijing loosens grip on truckers
SEVERE congestion at Chinese ports is easing, although reefer box congestion has disrupted fresh and frozen supplies, Reuters reports
- Taiwan's Kaohsiung to be transformed to house smart mega-ship terminal
TAIWAN has finished the land reclamation project at the Port of Kaohsiung to facilitate the building of the new mega ship Intercontinental Container...
- Ningbo-Zhoushan port set to expand box throughput by 5.6m TEU
THE world's largest port in terms of cargo throughput in the past decade, Ningbo-Zhoushan, has mapped out a significant expansion to its far...
- Saudi's King Abdullah port handles record cargo, but boxes drop in 2019
KING Abdullah port, 85 miles north of Jeddah, saw its bulk and general cargo throughput rise to 2
- South Carolina Ports wins US$20 million US grant to dredge to 52 feet
THE South Carolina Ports Authority has been awarded a US$20 million federal grant to build infrastructure at the Wando Welch Terminal in support of...
- Westports' 4Q net profit down 13.8pc but full-year earnings up
WESTPORTS Holdings Bhd's net profit dived by 13
- Vietnam's Vinalines looks to joining global shipping alliances
VIETNAM National Shipping Lines Corporation (Vinalines) has set sights on joining a global shipping alliance by focusing on developing its port...
- SC Ports celebrates terminal building topping out ceremony
SOUTH Carolina's Hugh K Leatherman Sr Terminal is taking shape along the Cooper River as SC Ports Authority prepares to open the new container...
- Lagos' Lekki seaport to accommodate 18-TEU ships when open
THE management of Lekki deep seaport in Lagos will be able to handle ships of up to 18,000 TEU
- China's Pearl River cargo volume breaches 1b tonnes
CARGO throughout on China's Pearl river hit a record high in 2019, exceeding 1 billion tonnes for the first time
- Mombasa port handles one million TEU by September
NAIROBI's Port of Mombasa handled a record one million TEU by September 16, putting it on track to top this year's target of 1
- China spends US$636 million on cargo terminal at inland Yingtan
THE inland Port of Yingtan in Jiangxi province north of adjacent coastal Fujian province, is to start the construction of a US$636 million cargo...
- Qingdao opens smart and green fully automated container terminal
THE fully automated container terminal has opened at China's Qingdao port in Shandong province that utilises hydrogen energy and 5G technology to...
- Maersk opens new facility in Vietnam to handle new sourcing demand
DANISH shipping giant Maersk has opened a new logistics centre in North Vietnam as it looks to capitalise on the dominant 'China plus one'...