TWICE the box volume - 52,500 TEU - was posted for the China-Europe rail route in May than the same month the year before by the United Transport and...
- Two-way China-Europe rail volume exceeds 50,000 TEU monthly
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- Panalpina CFO Robet Erni replaces Burkhard Eling at Dachser Group
GERMAN freight company headquartered in Kempten, Dachser is appointing experienced logistics CFO Robert Erni to succeed Burkhard Eling
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Lufthansa starts reducing fleet, cutting jobs to pay back state aid
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa will cut 20 per cent of managerial positions and accept no more than 80 planes from its current order book to be able...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Ending the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon in a quest to decarbonise
ENDING the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon that bedevils world shipping is the quest of the Global Industry Alliance (GIA), dedicated to decarbonising...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- US Senate passes bill against Chinese officials over Hong Kong
THE Republican-controlled US Senate has unanimously passed a bill to impose sanctions on Chinese officials who threaten Hong Kong's autonomy, as...
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- Schiphol needs more comprehensive look at slots for freighters
GATEWAYS like Amsterdam Schiphol Airport should secure sufficient slots for freighters as they are poised to shoulder a disproportionately high...
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Australia cracks down on crew changes
Australia is cracking down on ships where seafarers are working beyond their original contract lengths.
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call