AUSTRALIAN for agri-filled freighter flights - but importers face capacity constraints on ocean freight, reports London's Loadstar
- Australian agri-exporter in for extra round of Canberra subsidies
- DHL 2Q operating profit up 16pc to US$1 billion after revenue loss
EXPRESS delivery giant Deutsche Post DHL's second quarter operating profit rose 16 per cent to EUR890 million (US$1
- Panalpina CFO Robet Erni replaces Burkhard Eling at Dachser Group
GERMAN freight company headquartered in Kempten, Dachser is appointing experienced logistics CFO Robert Erni to succeed Burkhard Eling
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- BIFA hails UK government plan to invest in employment programme
THE British International Freight Association (BIFA) has welcomed the package of measures unveiled by the government to encourage employment support...
- Barb Wilson named Port of Seattle Commission's new chief of staff
PORT of Seattle has appointed Barb Wilson as its new chief of staff for its five-member elected body, the Port of Seattle Commission
- Trump White House tells railway pension fund to avoid China deals
THE White House has warned the Railroad Retirement Board, a federal agency, that its investments in Chinese assets are an 'unnecessary economic...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor
- Desperate for a lifeline!
Twelve Vietnamese seafarers, including the captain, have been stranded in Malaysian waters in deplorable conditions since they started work aboard...
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Rolls-Royce's Dreamliner sounds safety alert over turbine cracks
AIRCRAFT engine maker Rolls-Royce has been hit with complaints of design faults in its Trent 1000 turbine that powers the already troubled Boeing 787...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Lufthansa starts reducing fleet, cutting jobs to pay back state aid
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa will cut 20 per cent of managerial positions and accept no more than 80 planes from its current order book to be able...
- Hong Kong's Neptune Cyber launches safety tool in line with UN rule
HONG KONG's Neptune Cyber, a computer security firm, has launched an online tool to ensure that marine operators stay ahead of new cyber risk...
- Covid-19 reveals how working from home will cut more shore jobs
DESPITE disruptions caused by the Covid-19 crisis, more than 80 per cent of the normal volumes continued to be shipped, according to Sea-Intelligence...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...