THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
- CMA CGM's stake sale of Mundra port to China Merchants under scrutiny
WITH the widespread anti-China sentiment throughout India the government is examining a proposal to transfer part-ownership of a container terminal...
- China's high tech and finance groups flock to Singapore to expand
CHINA's largest technology and financial services companies are stepping up efforts to expand in Singapore, as doors slam shut on mainland groups...
- Oman Aviation Group, DHL sign deal to upgrade cargo services
THE Oman Aviation Group (OAG) has signed a partnership deal in the field of air cargo with German express delivery giant DHL at Muscat International...
- Court stops Kenya Airways pilots' sacking until state bailout
A COURT ordered Kenya Airways to stop sacking pilots pending a case challenging the layoffs, reports Bloomberg
- Canada's foreign trade makes strides towards post-Covid recovery
CANADA's trade with the world continued its recovery to more normal levels as exports and imports increased 35 per cent since falling to a...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23
- China's attempts to spur consumption show signs of working
A GAUGE of Chinese business activity outside the factory floor rose to its highest level in two and a half years in August, a sign that Beijing's...
- Euroseas receives US$7.6m for three of its eldest vessels sold for scrap
NASDAQ-LISTED Greek box ship owner Euroseas has sold three of its eldest vessels for scrap for a total of around US$7
- Biggest ship to call at east coast South America - 10,698-TEU APL Paris
CONTAINER managers in Brazil expected the CMA CGM extra-loader, the 10,698-TEU APL Paris to call in Santos, but instead it went to Itajai, reported...
- Russia stops using US dollar for most of its exports to China
RUSSIA's President Vladimir Putin is ploughing ahead with his pledge to reduce dependence on the US currency with the nation switching to the use...
- US-China chicken trade has been a many problemed thing - and still is
THE chicken trade between the US and China has been put on hold because of the trade war, but there is cause for optimism that the appetite for...
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- Korean shipping begins to recover from five years of financial crisis
KOREA's shipping industry has been slowly recovering from the fallout of an industry-wide crisis five years ago that led to the bankruptcy of a...
- Libya's oil exports set to dwindle as ports blockade persists
LIBYA plans to export 1
- Covid hits airlines as Japan Airlines nets biggest loss since 2012
JAPAN Airlines announced its biggest quarterly loss since 2012 and decided to stop paying an interim dividend due to the Covid pandemic, reports...
- Construction to start on new Cebu port in Consolacion before 2021
A NEW Cebu international port project in Consolacion town in northern Cebu is expected to decongest the Cebu City port when completed in two years,...
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- Half of Australia's exports go to China Canberra statistics reveal
AUSTRALIAN reported a record trade surplus in the 12 months ending in June due to surging exports to China, which comprise almost half of goods...